• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

http://mashable.com/2012/08/24/apple-samsung-verdict/

The jury has reached a verdict in the Apple vs. Samsung patent trail taking pace in a San Jose, Calif. court. The verdict is being read right now.

Samsung was just found to have infringed on many of Apple?s patents, for several different devices. The jury also found that at least some of the infringement was ?willful,? meaning damages could be large. Apple is seeking $2.5 billion in damages in the case.

The Samsung devices affected include the Galaxy S, Galaxy S II, Mesmerize, Vibrant, Fascinate, Skyrocket, Epic 4G Touch, Droid Charge and Nexus S smartphones and the Galaxy Tab and Tab 10.1 tablets.

The jury rejected Samsung?s claim that some of Apple?s patents should be declared invalid.

I dont think the case was about any current devices or OS skins anyway. Still sucks to lose a bil in a court case. The case has nothing to do with google/android so that should be left out of it. This is on Samsung

This.

I'll never understand brainless loyalty to any company in the first place. I own a Samsung phone and an iPad. It's actually pretty comical seeing anyone rejoice over something like this, lol.

LOL, so true. I have an Xbox, an iPod and my phone is HTC. Fanboys are... well, fanboys.

I'll never understand brainless loyalty to any company in the first place. I own a Samsung phone and an iPad. It's actually pretty comical seeing anyone rejoice over something like this, lol.

Samsung TV, BluRay Player and surround sound system. My cable box is also Samsung. Own a PowerMac, MacBook Pro and iPhone 4, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, etc. etc.

Won't be "over" or "won" for years. Samsung will appeal and does have a valid case outside of europe as apple infringed on their early patents. It is really a poor idea for the people at Apple to pursue this course of action. Google hold many patents, ones apple uses and ones they surely will hope to use. While google may not own Samsung they do work in partnership to sell the most phones in the international mobile market and it would be in Googles favor to come to bat for Samsung.

I never got this insecurity that Apple has, they enjoy being the only one in the market.

Apparently, among the patents in this case are patents that ban the use of rounded corners on rectangular shaped electronic devices.

For fuck sake, how can you patent that?

Same way you can patent a pinching motion with fingers. Either patent law will get a major overhall, or pretty soon we'll have to pay a licensing fee if we want to iWalk.

Archived