• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Theon has his hands in her pants in season 2 before she informs him she's his sister. It was pretty memorable, guys.

I also wanted to say that I have mad respect for HBO. So far I just thought they struck gold signing up on a great fantasy series, but if the team knows what they are selling and HBO does too, than it takes big balls to air stuff like this. I am not sure how many people are so mad and upset, that they'll just stop watching now. I have a lot of friends who just absolute lost it and say they aren't sure they can handle a show that offers virtually no happiness that isn't crushed to a stomping, maddening death within two episodes at best. I mean, I love that, but this breaks some golden rules of television and that's just so, so cool.

Thought the red wedding would be shot in a slightly more dramatic mannner. I had to put the book down and not read for a few days after I read it. Thought for sure they would do a really dramatic thing on the show. I was a little underwhelmed to be honest. With that said my girlfriend was screaming during the entire scene.

Maybe it's because I never read the books, but I was never rooting for Rob to begin with. He seemed naive and his mother seemed arrogant and obnoxious. Also, his wife's face annoyed me and I really didn't like her personality either. I am definitely shocked that they all died, but I'm not too upset because I really didn't like any of the three of them at all. I'm just wondering what the hell this all does to the story.

I always felt as if the Starks were a lot better than the Lannisters. They were the rebellion. Pretty much the only one.

I guess my rooting interest is now Tyrion being awesome and Daenerys making stuff happen.

I always felt as if the Starks were a lot better than the Lannisters. They were the rebellion. Pretty much the only one.

I guess my rooting interest is now Tyrion being awesome and Daenerys making stuff happen.

I've been pretty much rooting for dragon chick all along. I also wouldn't mind Ned's bastard son that got the slugs put on him, whatever his name is.

The only real change from the book is that Talisa dies pregnant in the show but in the book Jeyne is left at Riverrun and eventually returned to her family, not pregnant as far as we know.

Not sure where I was talking about deviations from the book. But while we're on that subject, Robb's wife was a completely different character. She's supposed to come from a southerner Westerosi family, not be from Bravos or wherever the show made her from. It's semantics ultimately so shrug.

Maybe it's because I never read the books, but I was never rooting for Rob to begin with. He seemed naive and his mother seemed arrogant and obnoxious. Also, his wife's face annoyed me and I really didn't like her personality either. I am definitely shocked that they all died, but I'm not too upset because I really didn't like any of the three of them at all. I'm just wondering what the hell this all does to the story.

See, thats how I expected non-readers to see him. :D

Anyway, I am not even sure if I loved robb that much myself. It was propably more devestating to realize that I won't get my revenge for the death of Ned Stark. :( Though I definitly liked Book-Robb a bit more, propably cause he's a bit younger there and trying so hard to do the right things and to be like his father was. Ultimately ending in him being too much like his father was, repeating his political mistakes.

His whole marriage made a bit more sense there. imo

See, thats how I expected non-readers to see him. :D

Anyway, I am not even sure if I loved robb that much myself. It was propably more devestating to realize that I won't get my revenge for the death of Ned Stark. :( Though I definitly liked Book-Robb a bit more, propably cause he's a bit younger there and trying so hard to do the right things and to be like his father was. Ultimately ending in him being too much like his father was, repeating his political mistakes.

His whole marriage made a bit more sense there. imo

Robb and Catelyn are supposed to suck, they were the two most retarded characters in the books. Pretty sure the point of Robb as a plot device is to show that he inherited all of the worst parts of Ned- idealism and ignorance, and none of the good qualities- honor, loyalty, and generally being a war hardened badass. It was all a game to Robb in the books, they dramatized it a bit out of context in the show so shrug.

You don't know Ned won't be avenged. If you're implying that you read the books you should remember that karma sort of punches the bad guys in the face throughout Storm of Swords, Robb and Cat not being the only bad guys.