• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

What a premiere! The silent opening added a really nice effect for the season opener and the last 5 minutes were really good. There were parts in which it calmed down, but I think the episode was overall very good.

From the looks of it, Carl has a crush on Beth which is a bit interesting. I'm just hoping it isn't mutual. Beth can't be that desperate.

What a premiere! The silent opening added a really nice effect for the season opener and the last 5 minutes were really good. There were parts in which it calmed down, but I think the episode was overall very good.

From the looks of it, Carl has a crush on Beth which is a bit interesting. I'm just hoping it isn't mutual. Beth can't be that desperate.

Yeah haha. Maybe to produce? But then again, if what Lori thinks will happen, what's the point? Maybe if they find a way to cure the disease.

I liked the episode. Wonder who the prisoners are and how they've been doing.

Yeah haha. Maybe to produce? But then again, if what Lori thinks will happen, what's the point? Maybe if they find a way to cure the disease.

I liked the episode. Wonder who the prisoners are and how they've been doing.

I think Lori's case is a bit different, though. She's afraid that her baby might've have died inside of her because of her lack of food and constant running around. Even in the case of reproduction I can't quite find myself condoning a relationship between a 13 year old and a 16 year old. It just seems weird to me. I can understand Beth if she's attracted to someone older like Daryl, but Carl is an odd choice.

I thought she was worried that the baby would be like diseased already or like it would actually eat we apart as in a zombie. Guess i misunderstood her concern

She was afraid of that, but because she hadn't felt it moving around for a while. She was afraid it was a stillborn and that's why it would potentially be zombified already. I think it's safe to continue under the assumption that the baby if already infected, though.

Too bad Lori might not get the medical help she'd need with Hershel's life in question.

I think Hershel is definitely dead haha. I mean that must have taken a toll on him.

I just thought that'd he be the most obvious to die already besides the lady who lost her crazy husband and her zombie daughter. I forgot her name since she's almost useless

Carol, I think, will be kept around for some time. She helps bring out a different side of Daryl, whether he wants to show it or not.

Hershel dying seems likely, but that's because I can easily see him of just dying of a heart attack from all of that stress. They'd still have to cauterize the wound and somehow prevent an infection. The point of cutting off his leg was to prevent the fever from occurring, but I think he's a goner regardless.

Yeah. He's just old and doesn't seem like he could keep up with all that.

I hear its going to pick up intensely from now on, according to comic book readers

Eh, I won't look too deeply into that. The series is based off the comic books, but rather loosely. A lot of what has happened in the show doesn't quite mirror what happens in the comic books, it's altered a bit to be more appealing to viewers and to provide more drama or action. I've heard that there are certain aspects of this season that more accurately mirror the comics, but it's still not exactly the same and there will likely be some changes made for better viewer appeal.

Overall I liked the episode. I thought it was interesting how they fast forwarded through the struggle of winter. Lori's fears about the baby are something I said to my friend before the episode started. Its funny they actually brought it up. They didn't show enough of Michonne IMO, especially since she was with a supporting character from previous seasons. I'm also curious as to how it took them months to find the prison, even though they were shown as being very close and had scavenged the area through fall and winter.

Overall I liked the episode. I thought it was interesting how they fast forwarded through the struggle of winter. Lori's fears about the baby are something I said to my friend before the episode started. Its funny they actually brought it up. They didn't show enough of Michonne IMO, especially since she was with a supporting character from previous seasons. I'm also curious as to how it took them months to find the prison, even though they were shown as being very close and had scavenged the area through fall and winter.

I think they didn't delve very much into Michonne's story in the first episode and will likely do that in the next episode. I think that was one fo the few poor parts about the episode in the case that they showed her twice, but her scenes seemed to be there just for the sake of having her appear. I think a reason for them not finding a prison was a result of them having a map and it not being present on the map. Glen Mazzara brought it up on the Talking Dead yesterday and said they were basing a lot off of the map that they had so they could just find houses and towns to scavenge from.

I think they didn't delve very much into Michonne's story in the first episode and will likely do that in the next episode. I think that was one fo the few poor parts about the episode in the case that they showed her twice, but her scenes seemed to be there just for the sake of having her appear. I think a reason for them not finding a prison was a result of them having a map and it not being present on the map. Glen Mazzara brought it up on the Talking Dead yesterday and said they were basing a lot off of the map that they had so they could just find houses and towns to scavenge from.

Ah, OK. That makes sense about the prison then. I thought that they'd have to stumble upon it, but I forgot they had that map.

Ah, OK. That makes sense about the prison then. I thought that they'd have to stumble upon it, but I forgot they had that map.

I had the same idea about it too. It's weird that Daryl who chose that area for hunting never went in before when they were close, but I guess there was just a lot of space and the group felt better scavenging versus hunting.