• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#6) Rangers at Buffalo Sabres // Just Win. K?

Morphinity 2.0

Lack of line consistency is a real problem. Lafreniere has been on 4 different lines in 5 games and played two different positions. Makes no god damn sense.

Meanwhile Strome hasn't been moved at all and has done NOTHING.

Exactly. How is a young kid supposed to produce with different players ever god damn game.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. How is a young kid supposed to produce with different players ever god damn game.

Went through the entire camp on one line and then immediately taken off it during the first game. Hasn't had a permanent spot yet.

How did players like Matthews succeed? He was given some leash to make mistakes and played big minutes. Rangers are treating Kakko and Lafreniere as if they're not the future faces of this organization - when they have to be.

Went through the entire camp on one line and then immediately taken off it during the first game. Hasn't had a permanent spot yet.

How did players like Matthews succeed? He was given some leash to make mistakes.

You only get a leash in Quinn's system if you like pancakes and eggs. Maybe Lafreniere's more of a protein bar kind of guy in the morning.

How did players like Matthews succeed? He was given some leash to make mistakes and played big minutes. Rangers are treating Kakko and Lafreniere as if they're not the future faces of this organization - when they have to be.

I'm not disagreeing with you or knocking this post, I just wanted to highlight that the coach who gave Matthews that leash is no longer in the NHL for how bad he treated players.

It must be an insanely hard job to be in NHL coach.

I'm not disagreeing with you or knocking this post, I just wanted to highlight that the coach who gave Matthews that leash is no longer in the NHL for how bad he treated players.

It must be an insanely hard job to be in NHL coach.

No doubt. I don't even know if it's a DQ issue. I think at some point the Rangers organization needs to reevaluate what the plan is. Lafreneiere is the highest skilled player to come out of the draft in years and he's on the 3rd line getting garbage minutes with an AHL center. That line can't get out of their zone, let alone score a goal and gain some confidence. They've been set up to fail.

Part of that is on Gorton. Where's the leadership? Where's the vet presence? Jack Johnson? Matthews lived with Patrick Marleau for god sake. Rangers had to fly in a finnish-speaking scout for a week because Kakko was not adjusting well to the US

The only identity we have as a team is that, we have no identity and have no clue what team will show up for each game. Same as its been for the last couple. Of years, free agents, emerging stars, top flight picks, guys demanding trades here..... Doesn't seem to matter.

The only common denomination...... Quinn.

• Like 1

No doubt. I don't even know if it's a DQ issue. I think at some point the Rangers organization needs to reevaluate what the plan is. Lafreneiere is the highest skilled player to come out of the draft in years and he's on the 3rd line getting garbage minutes with an AHL center. That line can't get out of their zone, let alone score a goal and gain some confidence. They've been set up to fail.

Part of that is on Gorton. Where's the leadership? Where's the vet presence? Jack Johnson? Matthews lived with Patrick Marleau for god sake. Rangers had to fly in a finnish-speaking scout for a week because Kakko was not adjusting well to the US

I'm glad somebody is bringing up Gorton, and not just pinning this all on Quinn.

He also asked to play the roster he's given. You want to complain about Lafreniere having an AHL center? Sure but...What are the alternatives?!

But when we are 3-2 down late in the 2nd he swaps the career AHLer PDG for Kakko in the hope that kid can produce. That?s dumb coaching.

Guy is a career college coach or assistant coach. You need to seriously start thinking about Gallant. And it?s not just what he did in Vegas, he took a poor Florida team to the playoffs with some young talent like Barkov etc.

Too bad they signed Kreider right before the pandemic. Price would have dropped significantly or may have altered their plans if we knew a pandemic was going to happen bc of the cap restraints.

Too bad they signed him before the draft. There's no way they give him that deal if they know where they're picking.

I'm glad somebody is bringing up Gorton, and not just pinning this all on Quinn.

He also asked to play the roster he's given. You want to complain about Lafreniere having an AHL center? Sure but...What are the alternatives?!

Way back when, I wanted Koivu. I wanted Thornton. I wanted Chara. Guys that could play minutes but mostly act as father figures to these kids while they get their feet wet.

Rangers threw Kakko to the wolves as far as I'm concerned and I feel like they have the same "plan" for Lafreniere. Who is this kid living with? I mean Derek Stepan is living with Stuztel. Why isn't there a player on the team that can host Laf or Kakko or Miller or whoever?

Way back when, I wanted Koivu. I wanted Thornton. I wanted Chara. Guys that could play minutes but mostly act as father figures to these kids while they get their feet wet.

Rangers through Kakko to the wolves as far as I'm concerned and I feel like they have the same "plan" for Lafreniere. Who is this kid living with? I mean Derek Stepan is living with Stuztel. Why isn't there a player on the team that can host Laf or Kakko or Miller or whoever?

I REALLY wanted Koivu for this exact reason,

Rangers through Kakko to the wolves as far as I'm concerned and I feel like they have the same "plan" for Lafreniere. Who is this kid living with? I mean Derek Stepan is living with Stuztel. Why isn't there a player on the team that can host Laf or Kakko or Miller or whoever?

Lafreniere and Miller are living together in the same billet. Miller seems fine lol.

Lafreniere and Miller are living together in the same billet. Miller seems fine lol.

Seems fine. But if you're an NHL player and you're living with some random family in the suburbs, it's like living at your moms house. Miller's also two years older.

I'm just saying. Yes, it's nice the team is young. It's a nice excuse every time they fuck up, but it's a pretty ridiculous strategy. 30 year old players can still play hockey.

There are a few bad decisions by Gorton but thro not super recent one is bury him is for the contract he have Trouba knowing he wanted specifically to be here.

He's also, been very fortunate that, pane of his"acquisitions" fell in his lap. He doesnt coach the team though. He can only give the pieces.

Seems fine. But if you're an NHL player and you're living with some random family in the suburbs, it's like living at your moms house. Miller's also two years older.

I'm just saying. Yes, it's nice the team is young. It's a nice excuse every time they fuck up, but it's a pretty ridiculous strategy. 30 year old players can still play hockey.

I agree with you, I don't agree with all this wrong side of 30 rhetoric.

Chicken and egg, Quinn can only play the players given to him. I have to laugh when I see people arguing about Smith over Johnson, as if there will be a difference in the long term.

There are a few bad decisions by Gorton but thro not super recent one is bury him is for the contract he have Trouba knowing he wanted specifically to be here.

He's also, been very fortunate that, pane of his"acquisitions" fell in his lap. He doesnt coach the team though. He can only give the pieces.

Rangers so content staying on the outside
Everything about the way they play is passive and conservative.

check out their forwards defending in their own zone and how often they're below their own hash marks not pressuring up top in their own zone, or ready for a breakout.