• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Announce Phase 3 Training Camp Roster

Phil

Last time the Rangers were in the playoffs he was good. That's how he got his contract in the first place. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him elevate his game.

Playoff hockey definitely suits him better than regular season hockey.

Cool to see Kravtsov there. Would be cool if he had a really good ?pre season? and maybe got a shot with Lemieux out. Very unlikely tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think we?re going to see some incredible hockey from all teams. They?re going right into ?we can win the Cup? mode and that might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Desperation is a very strong motivator.

We are saying all of the right things, ?This isn?t training camp.? This is a sprint to the Cup and NYR believe they have a legit shot. LGR!

Personally I think the on ice play will suffer greatly around the league. I think the intensity around playoff hockey is generated from the energy in the building. You can't inject that energy into empty buildings.

How many games have they played in front of 0? Sure crowd size varies none start 0. I would bet they've never played an organized game in front of 0 fans in their entire lifetimes. We'll disagree strongly that playoff home crowds in most cites bring tremendous energy especially compared to empty buildings. They would be better off playing in small rinks instead of 18,000 seat arenas.

I think crowds have some effect on the energy, particularly in the playoffs. But I think players will get used to empty stands quickly.

The on-ice product will suffer far more from a 4 month layoff followed by a couple of weeks of skate around and diving straight into the playoffs.

• Like 1

I don’t think this is a wise choice and while I understand the reason ($$$$) I think they should’ve just shut down and worried about next season.

That said, I’d rather hockey and sports in general than none

Why would you ditch something that is mostly complete, for something that hasnt started? You do know they'd be in the exact same situation if they started next season in September, right?

Why would you ditch something that is mostly complete, for something that hasnt started? You do know they'd be in the exact same situation if they started next season in September, right?

I think that's the key - even if they bailed, it's starting to look very much like they'll need similar answers in September if that's when the season started.

This was the smart decision - you try, you do everything within reason to keep folks healthy, you go as far (ideally all the way) as you can, and you scale out what you learned to the next season.

It's not like European soccer and Korean baseball haven't worked most of this out.

I think that's the key - even if they bailed, it's starting to look very much like they'll need similar answers in September if that's when the season started.

This was the smart decision - you try, you do everything within reason to keep folks healthy, you go as far (ideally all the way) as you can, and you scale out what you learned to the next season.

It's not like European soccer and Korean baseball haven't worked most of this out.

Wait, how was starting this season again in any way shape or form a good decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1