• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Captain Zibanejad Coming in 2020-21?

Phil

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly feel sorry for those that truly think I was trolling, I would see a doctor if I were them.

Everyone thinks that lol.

I would see a doctor if I?ve followed Rangers for more then 1 month and think Howden is a good Captain for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Everyone thinks that lol.

I would see a doctor if I’ve followed Rangers for more then 1 month and think Howden is a good Captain for this team.

Quinn might see it differently. I don't know if he will be a good captain, but I would not be too surprised if he is.

Another year and we will be waiting for Zib to sign an extension before naming him Captain. If he was really Captain material, it probably would have happened by now. Kreider seems like more of a Captain.

This is what Im thinking too.

Craig Button: "No doubt in my mind he will change a franchise and he'll be a future Captain" speaking on Lafreniere in June.

Another year and we will be waiting for Zib to sign an extension before naming him Captain. If he was really Captain material, it probably would have happened by now. Kreider seems like more of a Captain.

If kreider was really captain material wouldn’t he have been by now then too? He’s been on the Rangers for 9 seasons, 7 of which full time lol

If kreider was really captain material wouldn’t he have been by now then too? He’s been on the Rangers for 9 seasons, 7 of which full time lol

Kreider did have the expiring contract and it seemed unlikely he would get resigned. IMO Kreider would be more consistently engaged as Captain. Zib and Panarin seem like free spirited types that would take the responsibility as a burden.

Fun to speculate about, obviously those in the locker room know what is best.

Zib and Panarin seem like free spirited types that would take the responsibility as a burden.

Nothing leads me to believe this about Zibanejad. The qualifying round was the first time in two years where I really found myself asking where Zibanejad was. He's a consistently engaged player. Significantly more so than Kreider.

Nothing leads me to believe this about Zibanejad. The qualifying round was the first time in two years where I really found myself asking where Zibanejad was. He's a consistently engaged player. Significantly more so than Kreider.

Same. The motor that existed throughout the year was gone in those 3 games.

Zib is always engaged. I said I thought he and Panarin were free spirited in their own world types. Not the best Captain material.

I think Mika has said he dont want to(thats why he?s not been named captain already) and they are looking for other options.

I think they end up going only A?s for one more season or give it to Staal (or maybe even Hank) for their last season and then Laf takes over when he?s played a full season.

I think Mika has said he dont want to(thats why he’s not been named captain already) and they are looking for other options.

I think they end up going only A’s for one more season or give it to Staal (or maybe even Hank) for their last season and then Laf takes over when he’s played a full season.

From all accounts Laf is C material, but what would he need to do to get the C as a 20 year old after 1 season?

From all accounts Laf is C material, but what would he need to do to get the C as a 20 year old after 1 season?

No way this kid gets the C at 20 years old. To even speculate this, is outrageous imo. Let him get in here and do something before we even begin this convo.

No way this kid gets the C at 20 years old. To even speculate this, is outrageous imo. Let him get in here and do something before we even begin this convo.

i dont know and I dont care. Not saying it should happen or happens often, I just say I think that will happen somehow.

I dont understand why they would drag it so long if the guy was already here and I dont see them adding a veteran and giving him the C right away either.

i dont know and I dont care. Not saying it should happen or happens often, I just say I think that will happen somehow.

I dont understand why they would drag it so long if the guy was already here and I dont see them adding a veteran and giving him the C right away either.

Drag it out for so long? Where is this narrative coming from? Have we forgotten that the McDonagh trade was only two years ago? They've only gone two seasons without a captain. Is it crazy that they wanted for a leader to naturally develop within the room? Zibanejad has been here four seasons. The first two of which were with someone else serving as captain.

Drag it out for so long? Where is this narrative coming from? Have we forgotten that the McDonagh trade was only two years ago? They've only gone two seasons without a captain. Is it crazy that they wanted for a leader to naturally develop within the room? Zibanejad has been here four seasons. The first two of which were with someone else serving as captain.

What narrative? Its been two and a half years. Thats a long time without a captain.

What narrative? Its been two and a half years. Thats a long time without a captain.

It really isn't. They were never going to name one in season when McDonagh was dealt. So it's been two years in which they've been rebuilding. Like I said, it's almost like they wanted a leader to emerge throughout that rebuild. What's the rush?