• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

When Do We Call Up Shesterkin?

Keirik

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he'll get the start when I go to the game with Ozzy Thursday.

I was just thinking the same thing, RJ!!

I just saw he got called up....Is Hank sick, or are we finally moving Georgie??? I can't seem to find much on it at the moment.

I was just thinking the same thing, RJ!!

I just saw he got called up....Is Hank sick, or are we finally moving Georgie??? I can't seem to find much on it at the moment.

No word, but rangers writers speculating he starts tomorrow night.

Other tweets mentioned that its not health related

Hope to see him tomorrow night. You knew it was a matter of time. They could only keep him down there for so long with how he's playing. The kid has earned this big time, and a couple of Gs with a 3+ GAA shouldn't prevent that. It's the right time for Shesty, but I hope he's ready to put in some hard work because he's going to face a lot of shots.

This move probably doesn't help the offers because they just pinned themselves in the corner. Knowing Igor could head home at any point doesn't help either. It could still be health related. Hoping he plays well and looking forward to seeing him play while getting shelled.

This move probably doesn't help the offers because they just pinned themselves in the corner. Knowing Igor could head home at any point doesn't help either. It could still be health related. Hoping he plays well and looking forward to seeing him play while getting shelled.

Nah, the NHL isn't stupid. They already knew the Rangers need to make a move on this. Him being up now isn't fundamentally any different than yesterday. They've always needed to make this move.

I agree, this wasn't an "if" it was a "when". I still was thinking the Rangers would wait longer to make some deals, but then again, if they get a really good offer they can't refuse for Georgie, then they'd pull the trigger.

That's my thought as well. He's been bad the last couple times out. But really, just take the 3rd and move on. It was never going to be much.

Rangers got a 2nd/3rd/7th for Cam Talbot. I would think that Georgiev has a much better upside than Talbot did when he was traded to the Oilers. Gotta get a 2nd at a minimum IMO.

Probably want to have an up close look at the NHL level for Shesterkin before they decide whether to make Georgiev available.....if this is in fact not health related.

Good call Blue. I think you're right on this one. I think the rest of us are all in the same boat too!! I wanna see this guy up close too!! Hopefully they play him again Thursday when I'm in the house to see it live! ;)

Rangers got a 2nd/3rd/7th for Cam Talbot. I would think that Georgiev has a much better upside than Talbot did when he was traded to the Oilers. Gotta get a 2nd at a minimum IMO.

Talbot market dried up. Rangers waited too long. DAL and others were hot after Talbot and the Rangers held out to the point of fracture.

Only issue is Georgiev doesn't have term - he's RFA after this year. Talbot had a fresh 1-year contract when they traded him.