• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#22) Rangers vs Minnesota Wild // Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucc

Phil

Player of the Game  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game

• Artemi Panarin
    • Tony DeAngelo
    • Adam Fox
    • Henrik Lundqvist
    • Other: Please specify

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really tied for 7th in points and is alone at 7th in P/GP.

And even more impressive, he?s the highest scoring russian in the league atm. Ahead of Ovechkin, kuznetsov, Kucherov, Malkin. Playing with Strome and Fast (almost) every game.

I?ve always liked Panarin as a player, but he just keeps on surprising me with how good he is. I started watching Rangers games around 2011/12 and he?s by far the best player we?ve had in that period. You just know there will be a quality chance as soon as he has the puck in the O-zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And even more impressive, he’s the highest scoring russian in the league atm. Ahead of Ovechkin, kuznetsov, Kucherov, Malkin. Playing with Strome and Fast (almost) every game.

I’ve always liked Panarin as a player, but he just keeps on surprising me with how good he is. I started watching Rangers games around 2011/12 and he’s by far the best player we’ve had in that period. You just know there will be a quality chance as soon as he has the puck in the O-zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Best player since Jagr. No doubt about it.

3rd game this year - go watch Panarin play. Guy is unbelievable in person if you just iso him. The amount of ice he sees in the situations he does is unique to any player I’ve ever watched - he peeks before he gets passes even pinned to the boards.

Been watching a lot of years and haven’t learned much new from a guy until Panarin came here. Guy lights it up playing with stone cold scrubs every night it’s amazing - don’t take it for geanted

• Like 1

3rd game this year - go watch Panarin play. Guy is unbelievable in person if you just iso him. The amount of ice he sees in the situations he does is unique to any player I’ve ever watched - he peeks before he gets passes even pinned to the boards.

Been watching a lot of years and haven’t learned much new from a guy until Panarin came here. Guy lights it up playing with stone cold scrubs every night it’s amazing - don’t take it for geanted

I had no idea just how good Panarin was. Amazing.

He's been better than even I anticipated.

3rd game this year - go watch Panarin play. Guy is unbelievable in person if you just iso him. The amount of ice he sees in the situations he does is unique to any player I?ve ever watched - he peeks before he gets passes even pinned to the boards.

Been watching a lot of years and haven?t learned much new from a guy until Panarin came here. Guy lights it up playing with stone cold scrubs every night it?s amazing - don?t take it for geanted

I know Strome is filling in for zig on the first line,he was doing pretty well before he they put him on the same line with Panarin and Fast is a solid player L,I think calling them scrubs is a little harsh

I'm absolutely adoring Panarin, same as you guys! But I gotta give some serious props to Fox as well. He may not have scored a point last night, but the fucking guy was everywhere and seemed to have the puck for the majority of the night. He made more good passes and moves to get the puck out than I've seen since a guy named Zubov.

Congrats to Hank as well for hitting #5 All time....I give him a lot of shit up here, but that's quite a feather in his cap! :thumbs:

I know Strome is filling in for zig on the first line,he was doing pretty well before he they put him on the same line with Panarin and Fast is a solid player L,I think calling them scrubs is a little harsh

Yea, agree. Not everyone can play with superstars. Instead of crediting Strome with being able to produce and be a nice bridge with Zib out, we're calling him a scrub?

Strome is doing everything they can ask of him. He's a good player. Incredibly dependable. I still have reservations about what that means long-term, but he's no scrub.

I really think it's coming down to him or Krieder, for who you want to pay and how long. Ideally you're replacing CK goals with development from Chytil, Kakko and Kravtsov...I've got no interest in paying Kreider until he's 35+.

I really think it's coming down to him or Krieder, for who you want to pay and how long. Ideally you're replacing CK goals with development from Chytil, Kakko and Kravtsov...I've got no interest in paying Kreider until he's 35+.

Bingo!

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers move on from Jesper Fast as well. I think we can develop defensive players that have more offensive talent than him.

Bingo!

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers move on from Jesper Fast as well. I think we can develop defensive players that have more offensive talent than him.

I agree. I think he's very replaceable. I know he's only 28 (almost) but he's I think he's got more miles on him than his age.

Fast is the type of defensive player whose presence you miss greatly without him. I think it's easy to say he's replaceable because he's nothing special offensively, but he's easily the best defensive forward on the team. If you're growing a young team I would think he's the type of vet presence you'd want around especially if he doesn't come at an unreasonable price tag. I think both his presence on and off the ice is understated.

Fast is the type of defensive player whose presence you miss greatly without him. I think it's easy to say he's replaceable because he's nothing special offensively, but he's easily the best defensive forward on the team. If you're growing a young team I would think he's the type of vet presence you'd want around especially if he doesn't come at an unreasonable price tag. I think both his presence on and off the ice is understated.

I can see where his experience and defensive traits would be a useful tool, but we can and should be getting that out of a good defensive coach (not Ruff obviously)....The thing with Fast, Drew is that they've paraded this guy like he's the second coming of Guy Carbonneau on defense, and depending on what the ask price is for him, I think it would be easier to just move forward from yet another guy who will take this next contract into his 30's.

Fast is offensively an absolute mush. The last 2 seasons he's also finished (-3), and (-10)...he's by no means a Selke winner, and I have never been an advocate of his game. He has very little toughness, and is rather poor against the boards. I would think as a checking line type player that he would be much better with board work, but he lacks there as well.

Watch when Fast gets near the boards...he's as shy as a 4 year old when a crowd of people sing Happy birthday to them!! He hardly ever comes away with the puck! :rofl:

I just think we can do better with what we have coming up, and I think the days of hanging on to guys who have very little talent other than playing a "role", are done...or should be. I think we could replace Fast with another checking, agitating type player like Lemeiux, and we can have some serious 4th line that serves a purpose other than just taking up minutes on the clock.