• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Filip Chytil, Ryan Lindgren

Phil

Well, I think elements of both are true. He couldn't hack it in Hartford, but I don't blame him for going back to Russia. That doesn't make him a primadonna.

But the fact is he was not good here, in preseason or AHL. So he'll come back when he's ready.

Fact is he got one game in the AHL and got benched. Hartford's said nothing about it of substance, Kravtsov's given some pretty interesting thoughts on it.

He was fine at Traverse. He was solid if unspectacular in the preseason. He's not ready for the NHL just yet and that's fine.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is he got one game in the AHL and got benched. Hartford's said nothing about it of substance, Kravtsov's given some pretty interesting thoughts on it.

He was fine at Traverse. He was solid if unspectacular in the preseason. He's not ready for the NHL just yet and that's fine.

He played 2 games after getting scratched, iirc.

Gonna read that link shortly.

EDIT: Read it. He's got some growing up to do.

Well, I think elements of both are true. He couldn't hack it in Hartford, but I don't blame him for going back to Russia. That doesn't make him a primadonna.

But the fact is he was not good here, in preseason or AHL. So he'll come back when he's ready.

Well, when I say “couldn’t hack it” I mean people acting like he went to Hartford, experienced some adversity, went “fuck this” and upped sticks back to Russia to be coddled.

Well, when I say ?couldn?t hack it? I mean people acting like he went to Hartford, experienced some adversity, went ?fuck this? and upped sticks back to Russia to be coddled.
I don't think that's what happened, either. So agree with you there.

That said... Speaking in broad terms... I believe that if he needed a 3 month learning curve to adjust to NA hockey... He's still gonna need the 3 months whenever he gets back. This does nothing to accelerate his path to NHL success, imo.

Hope he proves me wrong.

The hundreds of Euros that never played a day in the AHL.
That's kind of a silly question. There are hundreds of Euros who did spend time in the AHL.

He wasn't good in preseason and wasn't good in the AHL. It's pretty cut and dry AFAIC.

There is so much self-image involved in this. I wish somebody could have gotten through to him that leading Hartford to victory for half a season and returning triumphant to MSG would have written a dynamic story line for him. Being that guy instead of the one who has to go back and do more of what he's already done because his feelings are hurt would, I think, have been far better for him and for the Rangers. And, he would have gotten better at checking and defense and all the shit that isn't dangling and figure skating in the KHL. He's already got that stuff.

That's kind of a silly question. There are hundreds of Euros who did spend time in the AHL.

He wasn't good in preseason and wasn't good in the AHL. It's pretty cut and dry AFAIC.

Sure, but you're stating that he's going to require this period. As in, he's in stasis at the moment as he's not here, and will require said period upon his return.

I'm saying that's baloney.

Sure, but you're stating that he's going to require this period. As in, he's in stasis at the moment as he's not here, and will require said period upon his return.

I'm saying that's baloney.

Well, I also forgot to mention that most players who come straight to the NHL from the KHL are 20+. He's still young.

Let's take Kuznetsov.

Kuznetsov went from 37 points as a rooke to 77 points. You wouldn't call the 37 point year an adjustment year?

And don't don't forget that Kucherov went to the Q, then the AHL, then the NHL. He turned out OK. So I can also say that the thought that Kravtsov should, today, only either be in the NHL or KHL is also...baloney. ;-)

People just running with the idea that Kravtsov is some sort of entitled primadonna who couldn’t hack it in Hartford is really annoying.

Then what is he? There's a reason why he was scratched and benched. I get it, it's because he was really really good. Right? How else can it be put? It's a really bad look for the kid to struggle and then leave. It doesn't bode well for any confidence in his mental ability to work through problems. If he's home sick. Fine. But he played himself into the pressbox for the AHL team... If he was going home no matter what that's one thing. Why keep him here at all? Should have sent him back home and signed a free agent or given his spot to another player from camp.

Then what is he? There's a reason why he was scratched and benched. I get it, it's because he was really really good. Right? How else can it be put? It's a really bad look for the kid to struggle and then leave. It doesn't bode well for any confidence in his mental ability to work through problems. If he's home sick. Fine. But he played himself into the pressbox for the AHL team... If he was going home no matter what that's one thing. Why keep him here at all? Should have sent him back home and signed a free agent or given his spot to another player from camp.

Sort of this. Not sure if it's quite as black and white as "he pouted and went home", but it definitely had to be a good portion of the reason. If he was playing 1st line minutes in Hartford and scoring points, would he have left? I have to think probably not.

yes, he would've. I posted before that it was the plan all along. if he didn't make the NHL, his plan was to go back to KHL. He just did not think he wasn't going to make it (like all of us). the window for him to go back opened last Friday. so he left. he played meaningless games for him in Hartford.

Have a word with yourself. "Played himself into the pressbox" :rofl:

He got scratched after the 1st game which was clearly a statement decision from the coaching staff. He was then benched for a couple of bad turnovers. None of that has anything to do with his ability as a hockey player.

We don't really know what happened and why he decided to go back and play. The are many possible reasons. He did insist on having the clause inserted, which is a pretty good indication that he wasn't crazy about playing in Hartford to begin with. I totally agree it isn't a great look, but I think it's a bit ridiculous to just assume he's a pussy who couldn't deal with it.

You are taking 3 games and extrapolating an entire career of a 19 year old, one you know virtually nothing about.

He used an option that was a freely negotiated part of his contract, something the Rangers didn?t fight, and literally isn?t an issue. This is sensationalism and a really great example of fans sometimes just having to understand that you have to be patient.

• Like 1

yes, he would've. I posted before that it was the plan all along. if he didn't make the NHL, his plan was to go back to KHL. He just did not think he wasn't going to make it (like all of us). the window for him to go back opened last Friday. so he left. he played meaningless games for him in Hartford.

The Rangers should have made this known and the move should have been done in conjunction if that was the case. That interview he gave afterwards did not sound like somebody who planned on going back to the KHL at first opportunity. He was frustrated.

The Rangers should have made this known and the move should have been done in conjunction if that was the case. That interview he gave afterwards did not sound like somebody who planned on going back to the KHL at first opportunity. He was frustrated.

the rangers didn't say anything on why him and chytil were demoted. we all had to guess.

im sure he was frustrated. im sure he wanted to play in the NHL. wouldn't you?

the rangers didn't say anything on why him and chytil were demoted. we all had to guess.

im sure he was frustrated. im sure he wanted to play in the NHL. wouldn't you?

Sure, but he didn't show a lot of patience or resolve in trying to work his way back first before leaving. I thought perhaps he went back for the money, which I could also understand, but it didn't sound like that was his motivation at all based on the interview he gave.

Sure, but he didn't show a lot of patience or resolve in trying to work his way back first before leaving. I thought perhaps he went back for the money, which I could also understand, but it didn't sound like that was his motivation at all based on the interview he gave.

where's the interview? can you post the link? I couldn't find anything