Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Mika Zibanejad the Team's Next Captain?

Banned BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Zib needs to stop the soft spoken bit and project a little. He could be a great Captain if he could speak with a little more authority. Maybe alot more.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    We have no idea what happens in the room.

And he tore Chytil a new asshole in front of 18000 people.

I don't think this is a fair comment at all on his leadership skills. Not all leaders are yellers.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    They needed a guy with bite under AV. Quinn’s a teller, ty might not need the same, now. I think it’s still early in Quinn’s tenure to know what’s needed, from my perspective. I could see a stabilizer like Staal, or I guess Zibanejad because of The twitter pics. Under Quinn, I’d anticipate more of a workhorse wearing it, a Doan/Drury like player (which I anticipate being the biggest need for the team moving forward. See sig)
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We have no idea what happens in the room.

And he tore Chytil a new asshole in front of 18000 people.

I don't think this is a fair comment at all on his leadership skills. Not all leaders are yellers.
    Speaking with conviction does not translate to yelling. I'm just going off his pressers. He's very soft spoken and that is fair to say.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Banned BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Speaking with conviction does not translate to yelling. I'm just going off his pressers. He's very soft spoken and that is fair to say.

Who in the NHL isn't? These guys are conditioned to be vanilla. Plus, he's a Swede.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Who in the NHL isn't? These guys are conditioned to be vanilla. Plus, he's a Swede.
    Very true. Torts was rocky road.

Senior Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    Going with all A’s might be best until Staal, Hank, Kreider move on. Zib does not seem like a captain type to me. Kind of a free spirit goof ball. Being captain might be a burden.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'm not sure they go with all 'A's again. It's been 18 months since they've had a captain. I bet they name one and Mika seems the likeliest choice at the moment. Plus with such a young locker room expected this year, I bet Quinn would welcome having one guy who's bought into his system representing him among the other players.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Wonder if Panarin and Trouba are in consideration considering their terms are the longest and Panarin in particular has an opportunity to play a big role in helping the Russian invasion.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Wonder if Panarin and Trouba are in consideration considering their terms are the longest and Panarin in particular has an opportunity to play a big role in helping the Russian invasion.
    I wondered the same thing about Panarin. But he's going into his fifth season and still needed an interpetor. Trouba would be a great choice after a couple of years maybe but there are younger Cs out there. Excited to find out.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    It would be INCREDIBLY presumptuous to just slap the C on either of them. It's a rare thing to see a guy just come in and take the C anywhere. Off the top of my head, the only example I think I know of is Messier to NYR. Maybe Gretzky to LA?
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    It would be INCREDIBLY presumptuous to just slap the C on either of them. It's a rare thing to see a guy just come in and take the C anywhere. Off the top of my head, the only example I think I know of is Messier to NYR. Maybe Gretzky to LA?
    Ah, should have specified. I'm talking about either one getting an "A."
    GORTON 2020

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Ah, should have specified. I'm talking about either one getting an "A."
    Ah, yeah. I guess that could happen, sure.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

i'd just as soon give it to staal. let mika concentrate on filling the basket and taking another step forward

messier was a different breed of cat.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    An extremely useful - some might even say critical - language to master when trying to lead an NHL locker room imho
    Not a lot of people know this, but it was Messierís masterful knowledge of Tolkien Elvish, which led to the Cup in 94.

Fun fact though: Jari Kurri learned English in part due to watching Happy Days.

Banned Junior Division
    I learned english in part by watching Married with children and Charles in charge.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    I don't think I really ever learned English!! It's more "slang"!

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    El capitan? If the Rangers determine that Mika Zibanejad, blossoming into the player GM Jeff Gorton foresaw when acquiring him from Ottawa in exchange for Derick Brassard in July of 2016, can handle the added responsibility, the “C” will go to No. 93. If management believes it might become a burden, the Blueshirts will again go with multiple alternates.
    https://nypost.com/2019/09/11/the-bi...amp-beginning/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Damn, that was such a great trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    my thoughts exactly.
    Acqua in bocca

Here's a question though. Were Kreider already signed for the next 6 seasons. Would he be getting the "C"? Or would it still be Mika's to lose?
    GORTON 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast