• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

STL Trades [D] Kevin Shattenkirk to WSH for Draft Picks, Zach Sanford

Phil

The Caps, first-overall in the NHL for a second consecutive season as they seek the first Stanley Cup in franchise history, emerged as winners from what The Post had reported as St. Louis general manager Doug Armstrong’s attempt to create a bidding war between the Blueshirts, Pittsburgh and Washington to rent the difference-making 28-year-old righty defenseman.

While Shattenkirk was the perfect guy to fill the Rangers’ need for a first-pair partner for Ryan McDonagh and for a power-play weapon from the point, general manager Jeff Gorton was steadfast in his refusal to surrender a young top-nine forward (Pavel Buchnevich qualifies under that umbrella) or Brady Skjei in order to acquire the pending free agent.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/27/blues-trying-to-rope-rangers-into-a-kevin-shattenkirk-bidding-war/

Gorton, my man!

This is a good signal from Gorton. We need to take this approach to trades in the future if we want to build sustained success.

also, really, it has to be the Caps' year at some point here. They've been too good for too long not to win, so I'll be rooting for them second to finally do it, because I have huge respect for Ovi. That is, if the Rangers don't beat them :P

This is a good signal from Gorton. We need to take this approach to trades in the future if we want to build sustained success.

also, really, it has to be the Caps' year at some point here. They've been too good for too long not to win, so I'll be rooting for them second to finally do it, because I have huge respect for Ovi. That is, if the Rangers don't beat them :P

Caps may be the favorite in the East, but Chicago or Minnesota would be a tough draw from the West.

Archived