• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [D] Sergey Zborovskiy 3rd Rd (79th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

2015_3_Zborovskiy.png

Name: Sergey Zborovskiy

Position: D

Shoots: Right

Current Team: Regina Pats

Hockeys Future Profile: N/A

http://thehockeywriters.com/interview-with-2015-eligible-sergey-zborovskiy/

Current Statistics

HockeyDB.com Page: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=177092

Team Player Page: http://www.reginapats.com/roster/bio/211712

• 3 months later...
Could be a big time steal here if his offensive outbreak continues. 3 goals and 8 points in his first 11 games of the season after just 3 goals and 19 points in 71 games last season. Already has great size and mobility and has a mean streak. Could be the total package. Time will tell.

Apparently someone who actually watches him stated on the other forum that aside from the points he's been pretty average

Apparently someone who actually watches him stated on the other forum that aside from the points he's been pretty average

What does that even mean? It's like saying, "Other than all of Henrik's great saves, he's been pretty average."

I guess he's not that good in his own zone?

What does that even mean? It's like saying, "Other than all of Henrik's great saves, he's been pretty average."

I guess he's not that good in his own zone?

It's pretty different since a goalie is involved in half the game (depending on possession, shots yada yada), while a defender plays 20 minutes a night. It probably means he isn't involved in the play or his defensive work is suspect. I don't know, I haven't watched him play. I also don't really care for 'someone from the other forum'.

• 1 year later...

Zborovsky had 7(!) points yesterday and was a +8 in a 12-2 whooping. He leads the league with a +/- of 37 in 21 games and has 23 points.

A lot of people are comparing him to Staal on the other board. Wouldn't mind another 21 year old Staal on this team in a year or two

Other board? Other board? OTHER BOARD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

LOL

Somewhere in the same thread a person who follows prospects (and not just ours) closely said that although he's doing well he was still taken too high and that we passed on better d-men. Guess we'll see

e.g. Connor Hobbs who was taken in the same draft in the 5th round currently has 32 point in 23 games. He's not as big though and his +/- rating is not as fancy

He's probably more physical than Staal.

Staal used to be a lot more physical than he is today. AV has taken a lot of the snarl out of this team, so I don't know how you can really compare the two, in terms of physicality.

Staal used to be very physical. He and Ovi used to go at it pretty good.

LOL

Somewhere in the same thread a person who follows prospects (and not just ours) closely said that although he's doing well he was still taken too high and that we passed on better d-men. Guess we'll see

e.g. Connor Hobbs who was taken in the same draft in the 5th round currently has 32 point in 23 games. He's not as big though and his +/- rating is not as fancy

Just going by stats but it looks like Hobbs runs the PP, as he has 17 of his now 33 points on the PP, which in turn effects his +/- of 18. Zborovsky now has 30 points (in one less game), with only 4 PP points and is +42

2 more assists last night. Four straight multi point games.

Again, just being bored and looking at their stats, Hobbs had a stretch of 8 straight multi-point games in November, which jumped him out to the points lead, but Z is catching him with this recent stretch.

Between Zborovsky and Sean Day we might have a brighter light on the defense horizon. Stoked.

And Graves in Hartford. Kind of crazy to imagine a top 6 down the road (and obviously EVERYTHING would have to go right for this to be the case, but it's still possible) in 5 years or so that features McDonagh, Skjei, Graves, Zborovskiy and Day with Igor Shestyorkin in net.

Archived