• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What is Rep, and Why Does it Matter?

Phil

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't lost rep, only rep power.

A small change was made to reign in the growth rate of rep power to reign in the growth rate so we don't end up with users with rep powers in the hundreds by the new year.

The modifications in place to allow for the extended reputation system unfortunately doesn't work with the rep power cap I had hoped to put in place so that no one's rep power could grow beyond 50, so because of that and until I find a more long-term solution I had to put a wider requirement on how quickly users could grow their rep power.

Post Count Factor (For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.) is now set to 200. It was 100.

Reputation Point Factor (For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.) is now set to 2000. It was 1000.

No one will lose rep for this, but the rep power of every user is now reigned in.

...you guys do understand you have the exact same rep level, right?

All that was adjusted was the reputation power so we don't end up with users with a rep power of 100 by January.

Yes, it will just take twice as long to get to where you are.

This change was long over due. By year end, you'll have to do it again.

Yes, it will just take twice as long to get to where you are.

This change was long over due. By year end, you'll have to do it again.

Unless I find a long-term solution before then, but yes, this is exactly the reason it was done.