• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What is Rep, and Why Does it Matter?

Phil

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give rep out like candy. Anyone who makes me laugh or writes up a decent response to something deserves it. Small token of appreciation.

Lately I get very little rep from mods. I give very little rep to mods, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Rep Power is a direct representation of how "valuable" your rep is to other users.

The value of your rep is determined by how many posts you have as well as how often you are repped yourself. The more rep you receive from others, combined with the length of time you've been registered, combined with the number of posts you have will increase that number.

Right now, when you rep others, they receive 1 point, because that is your rep power.

• For every 365 number of days (registered), users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

• For every 1000 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

• For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.