• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

We'd all usually be pumped for the first game of the season tomorrow night. But here I fucking am talking in The Flying Puck with only one Rangers thread active in the Rangers section and two active hockey threads in Around the NHL.

I actually got kinda emotional the other night when I realized that the first game of the season was supposed to be Friday.

I'm ignoring the schedule that has been deleted already. It was just anger me more to look at it knowing I should be watching a Ranger game but instead I'm listening to my wife tell me story about something that I have no clue about.

I still have soccer and football to watch, I am graduating soon, so many things to come between now and when the playoffs would be. Yet still I felt horrible this morning. I want to be watching the game I love most, tomorrow I wanted to watch Rick Nash officially debut as a Ranger, hear the Garden roar as he hits the ice and there is nothing.

I am upset.

I'm ignoring the schedule that has been deleted already. It was just anger me more to look at it knowing I should be watching a Ranger game but instead I'm listening to my wife tell me story about something that I have no clue about.

I was planning on ignoring it too. But I was playing NHL13 and they follow the NHL schedule for your favorite team. I can't avoid it!

I actually considered pulling Michael out of school and taking him to open stick time. Then I remembered that I can't afford a divorce right now. It must be a lot more boring for you. I'm still in a rink watching Michael 5 days a week and I play twice. Plus I watch baseball and football and I know you don't. Are you chasing kristen around the house wearing her clothes yet?

LMAO. No, she's been keeping me plenty busy with the wedding, to be honest. After the wedding is up though... I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

Shit. One of the columnists for our blog, he's a good friend of friends, is missing. He didn't return home after a festival in his hometown last night, friends and police have searched the area all day, no phone signal, no news, nothing. And he's in a small town with no public transportation out and apparently his own transportation means are still there.

I don't know him personally, but it's worrying and scary. He's my age, all that. Damn.

My missing colleague Gino was found dead this morning. I never got to shake his hand, but I just feel really sad today. He was an awesome kid with great ideas, enormous creativity, witty writing style and a bright future. His cause of death is ruled an accident. He was found drowned in a canal near his parents home.

My missing colleague Gino was found dead this morning. I never got to shake his hand, but I just feel really sad today. He was an awesome kid with great ideas, enormous creativity, witty writing style and a bright future. His cause of death is ruled an accident. He was found drowned in a canal near his parents home.

That's terrible Jules. RIP

For anyone interested, Phil had an awesome day for his wedding. We had a great time, I'll post pics tomorrow when [if] I find my phone.

He enjoyed it, he had fun, we did shots, etc. Cheers to him and his wife!

http://rlv.zcache.com/wedding_congrats_card-p137501945031518213b2ico_400.jpg