• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Okay. I have a good problem to have, I guess. My professor is very enthusiastic about my masters thesis (Theme: the Exceptionalism of the American Liberators in The Netherlands in 1944-45) and the ideas that I have so far and he said that he wants me to go really in-depth and find wonderful things that I've pitched so far or about which I've only discovered a little... and with a dead serious tone he said, "but don't write too much, cap it off at 30,000 words."

30,000 words. That's the maximum, 25k is fine as well, but damn... 30k. That's a ton.

About damn time. Can't wait to hear what you think.

My job actually sent out a ton of free movie passes for us, so I have no excuse. Been trying to go the last few weeks but had a ton going on with wedding stuff, so we're trying to use them all before they expire on the 30th. I figure we can at least go see Lawless, The Campaign, etc.

I never go normally because it's just too damn expensive, but with free passes, why the hell not?

Okay. I have a good problem to have, I guess. My professor is very enthusiastic about my masters thesis (Theme: the Exceptionalism of the American Liberators in The Netherlands in 1944-45) and the ideas that I have so far and he said that he wants me to go really in-depth and find wonderful things that I've pitched so far or about which I've only discovered a little... and with a dead serious tone he said, "but don't write too much, cap it off at 30,000 words."

30,000 words. That's the maximum, 25k is fine as well, but damn... 30k. That's a ton.

Eh, thats not too bad. I wrote 30k words in a comparative essay dealing with various worldwide protests in chronological order in 1968 and how they engaged with the ideologies of civil rights activists.

Anyone know a good way to prevent rats from coming onto your property, and that is safe for dogs? The douche bags that live behind me seem to have a rat living in their backyard. They are dirty people and are the people that leave their yard looking like a shithole. They used to throw garbage over the fence into my yard, and I used to throw it back, twords the area of their in-ground pool. They also used to throw their dogs shit over the fence into my yard, and that I threw back over, but made sure it went into the pool. They have parties and play loud music until all hours of the morning and just have no respect for anyone else in the neighborhood. We saw a rat come from their back yard under the fence, and then run back into their yard. I cant put poison pellets down because my dogs will eat them if they see them, are there any other ways to get rid of them? I was thinking of getting the big black rat traps, but I also dont know what to use as bait. I also dont want to kill the squirrels, my son loves watching them in the backyard.

How big are the rats? You could use catch traps that the dogs aren't likely to get stuck/caught in like this:

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/1118127/22269746/0/1312534333/Live_Rat_catch_Trap.jpg

I didnt see it, my wife did while she was in the yard with the dogs. The area she saw it in we have blocked from my dogs, they used to run to that area of the fence because that is where the people behind us have their dog pen, and my dogs used to bark at them. I was thinking of using those big black traps like they use around builings, but I was also wondering if there was anything else I could do to keep them out of my yard. My back yard is fenced in, so it sems like it may have dug under the fence, or used one of the holes the other dogs dug under my fence. Their dogs have chewed through there fence, and broke my fist fence that was up when we first moved in. We put up a new fence about 4 years ago, and now their dog digs a hole under our fence and sticks his snout through. We keep filling the holes and have said something to these people numerous times, and they still dont do anything about it. They used to leave the dog out all day every day, in the rain and snow. We called the ASPCA about it, and we think they finally went over there because the dog isnt out there as much anymore. The dog used to cry all night when it was raining or cold out. I really cant stand these assholes.

This is so aggravating — every time I call Time Warner, trying to get to a rep, as soon as the stupid automated machine tries to connect me to one I get a "call could not be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again" error.

Gonna try to get my cable bill slashed again. We just had a DVR box shit out on us, again, making this the 11th box in two years we've gone through. Figure if I call I can just threaten to cancel unless they make me an offer I can't refuse.

Of course I actually have to get through to a rep to do so...

Get a quote from Fios over the phone or online, call later at night if possible (for cablevision it's after 9pm or something) and ask for the retention department and use the Fios quote as leverage since it will be cheaper. Assuming all cable companies have similar practices they have different quotas at night and you may be able to nudge your way into a better deal.

Get a quote from Fios over the phone or online, call later at night if possible (for cablevision it's after 9pm or something) and ask for the retention department and use the Fios quote as leverage since it will be cheaper. Assuming all cable companies have similar practices they have different quotas at night and you may be able to nudge your way into a better deal.

I can't actually get a quote from FiOS, since it's not operational in my building yet, but usually all you need is the threat from any other service. I can just tell them "I called Verizon, and they're willing to do the triple play package for literally half what I'm paying you now..."

We tried that with Cablevision, and they told us they dont match other companies. They wait until you actually disconnect from them to offer you a good cheap package.

Fine by me. I'll just cancel it, and they can call me back and make me an offer.

We tried that with Cablevision, and they told us they dont match other companies. They wait until you actually disconnect from them to offer you a good cheap package.

Then you didn't try hard enough... we did it only a couple months ago just telling them the quote Verizon gave us and got our bill dropped $100 and got added all premium channels on demand plus multi-room DVR.

Then you didn't try hard enough... we did it only a couple months ago just telling them the quote Verizon gave us and got our bill dropped $100 and got added all premium channels on demand plus multi-room DVR.

My goal is to get it down to $100 for everything I have now, plus movie channels, etc.

I can't actually get a quote from FiOS, since it's not operational in my building yet, but usually all you need is the threat from any other service. I can just tell them "I called Verizon, and they're willing to do the triple play package for literally half what I'm paying you now..."

I didn't read the entire thread (980 fucking pages!) but if you are looking for cheap service, RCN is really cheap (if they have service in your area). That being said, I am hoping to be able to switch over to FIOS when I move to Forest Hills in about a month if they have it out there.

I didn't read the entire thread (980 fucking pages!) but if you are looking for cheap service, RCN is really cheap (if they have service in your area). That being said, I am hoping to be able to switch over to FIOS when I move to Forest Hills in about a month if they have it out there.

This thread is just a general banter thread, not one completely dedicated to my cable. LOL.

I'm not switching until FiOS is available. I just want something to threaten Time Warner with now to lower my bill until that day comes.

I should really call Verizon and threaten or something because my internet speeds are fucking horrible. I checked on speedstest, and I am getting overall grade of "D"

I have verizon DSL I think.... I actually meant to ask you guys if the download speeds were normal... I don't know how to tell my parents to change either being that they have the 3 in 1 package with DIrectTV. Does that mean they can only get Verizon?

That being said, why the fuck do I have such slow speeds. I'll post it.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2186031903.png

That just has to be horrible, no?