• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

And you automatically drive better than Lindsay.

:lol:

congrats! lol

Thanks.

Now on to learning stick, which will make you a 100% better driver. :)

Never. I'd totally end up destroying the car by failing to shift properly, etc.

Besides, I had a roommate with a stick-shift in the city. It was misery. Stop-and-go traffic is the WORST thing in the world, and having a car you have to shift manually in it is about as close to hell as you can get.

:lol:

Thanks.

Never. I'd totally end up destroying the car by failing to shift properly, etc.

Besides, I had a roommate with a stick-shift in the city. It was misery. Stop-and-go traffic is the WORST thing in the world, and having a car you have to shift manually in it is about as close to hell as you can get.

It's really not hard to learn at all. If you are any kind of control freak, you'd enjoy the hell out of it.

Stop-and-go traffic in a city isn't too bad, the only time I ever get "annoyed" when driving a stick is being stuck in bumper-to-bumper situations on a steep hill. Having to hold the e-brake (hold the clutch on a hill = bad for clutch) sucks.

It's really not hard to learn at all. If you are any kind of control freak, you'd enjoy the hell out of it.

Stop-and-go traffic in a city isn't too bad, the only time I ever get "annoyed" when driving a stick is being stuck in bumper-to-bumper situations on a steep hill. Having to hold the e-brake (hold the clutch on a hill = bad for clutch) sucks.

Trust me, dude. I may be a control freak in a lot of other scenarios in life, but in having to keep track if what gear I'm in in a vehicle is not one of them.

I'm sure I'll learn it anyway, just to know, but I never intend on actually buying one myself, or owning one in any capacity. I actually hate driving in them. The ride is too jumpy for me. I'm not a street racer, nor do I care about speed (going 100 MPH in a metal death cage isn't my idea of fun) so there's just no appeal to me.

Fun doesn't have to mean fast. It's controlling the torque of the car, knowing what it's going to do, etc. you don't have to keep track of anything once you learn either, it's really an after thought.

Says you. I'm more concerned with what's on the radio than I am with controlling the torque of the car. I just need it to get me from A to B comfortably. :D

Lol well don't knock it til you try it.

One long drive out to the Hamptons may change your entire perspective. ;)

Well, like I said — I'll likely learn, but I'd place a gentlemen's bet on me not actually wanting to drive stick full-time despite any length of drive.

The only reason people still drive stick is so they can tell people that they drive stick

Really not the case at all. There's nothing egotistical about it, it's just a better and more efficient driving experience. From a practical standpoint alone, I can stay low on my rpm's and gain another 10mpg. This is why in every European country manual transmissions still dominate the market. Gas is so much more expensive that an auto isn't as practical.

I drive a stick because I enjoy cars and enjoy driving. Why let a car dictate static sets of rpm's for every situation or terrain when I can control it? It's safer in snow or during rain, you can control your fuel consumption and you become much more in tune with your vehicle.

I appreciate the trolls though. :D