• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Nitro is good, but if you go to a lot of amusement parks, you'll see a lot of very similar rollercoasters (as in: same manufacturer, same idea) and Nitro ends up middle of that pack.

What really took a lot away from Six Flags Great Adventure in general is the atmosphere of the park and the crowd. The rides are cool, but our day there felt like we were at a gang meeting on the parking lot of an old fun fair. Not good. That goes for almost all Six Flags parks I've been too.

Don't know what you mean by this at all. How so? I felt almost the opposite at times

Don't know what you mean by this at all. How so? I felt almost the opposite at times

There was a lot of youth in shouting matches, people queue jumping and threatening people who would say something about it, a lot of things looked a little in disrepair, several rides were not functioning. And I mean, I go to a lot of amusement parks and this park just had a really bad vibe going. It's one of the few parks where everyone was padded down by security upon entrance. Do they still do that? Maybe it was just a bad day, that happens, but my experience was pretty bad.

Also, overall, it's not a good-looking park. The theming is subpar - if existent - and that makes standing line and walking round not nearly as good or fun as in other parks.

Sweet! Honeymoon flights just dropped $119 bucks! $332 per ticket round trip to Santa Ana. Gonna buy tonight! :D

Very nice! I got lucky with my ticket as well, including a little help from Rhommy, saving $400 on my roundtrip for the summer.

There was a lot of youth in shouting matches, people queue jumping and threatening people who would say something about it, a lot of things looked a little in disrepair, several rides were not functioning. And I mean, I go to a lot of amusement parks and this park just had a really bad vibe going. It's one of the few parks where everyone was padded down by security upon entrance. Do they still do that? Maybe it was just a bad day, that happens, but my experience was pretty bad.

Also, overall, it's not a good-looking park. The theming is subpar - if existent - and that makes standing line and walking round not nearly as good or fun as in other parks.

The one we're talking about is Jersey correct?

Yeah, I haven't been patted down once and havent seen it, but I know what you mean by the line waiting and the bad vibes. Once you get into the park though, it isn't that bad.

I think when I was a kid I believe it was much better though, so I guess somethings did change about it.

I know what you mean. They cant afford vacations so they go to places like six flags

Jackson NJ doesn't exactly have the nicest crowds living there or visiting, for lack of better words...I'm sure you get my point.

Decided to buy last minute tickets to our local rock festival for tomorrow.

Linkin Park, Soundgarden, Mastodon, Keane, Chase & Status and more. Oh, and lots of beer of course. Good times.

Today's day 1 with The Cure headlining, day 2 is when I'm going, skipping day 3 which will have Mumford & Sons and Bruce Springsteen as headliners, but I've seen The Boss in 2009 and can't go today and I just got my tickets for tomorrow half off.

Yeah, NITRO (circa 2001) at Great Adventure in Jersey is more badass than that ride at Hershey.

I remember going on Nitro once and just as we got to the top of the 1st drop, for some reason I got a really bad charley horse haha. I don't know why but it just hit me. And as fast as that thing went, I got off the ride and my leg was shot for like an hour.