• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Well, I finally did it...I called a lawyer and made a consultation appointment for next month...I'm shaking so bad right now...I'm scared to death!

Of course, the guy I fall for is a typical musician - broke as fuck, nothing to his name lol.

Holy shit, did I mention I'm scared? I'm keeping this all quiet right now because I don't want to tip my hand before I'm ready.

Yup. Guys like Nik who never have to use their hands for anything other than opening the occasional pickle jar can gab all they like about the "oddity" of owning and carrying tools like these, but everyone i've ever convinced to buy one has never left home without it — especially if they work in an industry that requires them to do things like that.

Which tool are you talking about? Could make for a good father's day gift. My dad is quite the handyman and he would go nuts over something like that.

Which tool are you talking about? Could make for a good father's day gift. My dad is quite the handyman and he would go nuts over something like that.

Leatherman Multi-tool.

http://www.rei.com/gear/feature/search/Google/leatherman%20tool?s_kwcid=TC|13029|leatherman%20multi-tool||S|e|13638068165&cm_mmc=ps_google_CH-_-Category%20-%20TTO-_-TTO_Brand_Leatherman-_-leatherman%20multi-tool&gclid=CLni1OXUirACFUFo4Aod4kQlqw

I have this model:

http://www.rei.com/product/794657/leatherman-super-tool-300-multitool

http://www.rei.com/media/ii/56cd1a1a-6827-4a51-8379-adbae89399b2.jpg

Just woke up after getting discharged from the hospital. Caught some kind of stomach virus and had some of the worst throwing up spells I've ever had. Nothing was in my belly either so it hurt that much more. I'd never wish that kind of sickness on anyone. :(

That's awful, dude. Hope you feel better soon!

Well, I finally did it...I called a lawyer and made a consultation appointment for next month...I'm shaking so bad right now...I'm scared to death!

Of course, the guy I fall for is a typical musician - broke as fuck, nothing to his name lol.

Holy shit, did I mention I'm scared? I'm keeping this all quiet right now because I don't want to tip my hand before I'm ready.

Good luck, Robin! You're a strong person — you'll pull through for sure.

Just remember — happiness is the ultimate goal here. Time to get back to it!

That's awful, dude. Hope you feel better soon!

Good luck, Robin! You're a strong person — you'll pull through for sure.

Just remember — happiness is the ultimate goal here. Time to get back to it!

Thanks hon. :) I have a lot to figure out, but I'll take my time and do it right.

Just woke up after getting discharged from the hospital. Caught some kind of stomach virus and had some of the worst throwing up spells I've ever had. Nothing was in my belly either so it hurt that much more. I'd never wish that kind of sickness on anyone. :(

Oh god, feel better....I had one of those that almost landed me in the hospital two years ago. I was at work one day talking to someone and out of nowhere had to literally run away from them and into the bathroom, I puked so bad. I was sick for a week and a half after that and had the worst stabbing stomach pain ever. Same thing, Id never wish it upon anyone.

Yeah I spent all of yesterday with a high fever, pretty much sleeping for a couple of hours, up for maybe an hour and then back to sleep. That kind of fever is killer too, nothing but aches and pains everywhere and a splitting headache/earache. Went down from 102.8 to 100.1 by 7 and that was like a miracle. Still felt crappy but no where near as bad. Now I'm running in the 99's and can actually stand without being dizzy. I think once the fever breaks completely I'll be fine, I just can't wait to get to that point.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. :)

Yup. Guys like Nik who never have to use their hands for anything other than opening the occasional pickle jar can gab all they like about the "oddity" of owning and carrying tools like these, but everyone i've ever convinced to buy one has never left home without it — especially if they work in an industry that requires them to do things like that.

I use it every weekend working with my dad, and bring it home with me every weekend I head home to help him with the house renovations he's doing. Car repairs, any sort of fixes around the house, etc. etc. They're useful everywhere.

Nik pays people to open his pickle jars.

I go fishing all the time hand gut hshit, cut the heads off of things, bait hooks, etc. lol. I also helped a buddy of mine knock down a 40 year old shed and build a new one last summer. Just because I don't carry around a pocket knife or wear camo cut off rangers jerseys doesn't mean I'm incompetent or unable to perform menial tasks. I'd just prefer to pay guys like Pete to do it for me :wink:

Yeah I spent all of yesterday with a high fever, pretty much sleeping for a couple of hours, up for maybe an hour and then back to sleep. That kind of fever is killer too, nothing but aches and pains everywhere and a splitting headache/earache. Went down from 102.8 to 100.1 by 7 and that was like a miracle. Still felt crappy but no where near as bad. Now I'm running in the 99's and can actually stand without being dizzy. I think once the fever breaks completely I'll be fine, I just can't wait to get to that point.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. :)

Feel better Chaps, sounds like a really nasty case of gastro.

I assume you're replacing the lost fluids. Was gonna talk regripping and putting with you, but will wait till you're coherent again ..l lol

Thanks hon. :) I have a lot to figure out, but I'll take my time and do it right.

Good luck Robin. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear it got to that point, but there is "life after." My D was in my 20's so I had no children back then with my first wife, and we were able to do it amicably, but it took a year to get over the whole emotional roller coaster and get back on track. You are not alone.

Ive been up since 3:44am after going to bed at 1, I couldnt sleep....laid in bed until about 6....got up, rode my bike for 45 minutes, took Max out til 7, went grocery shopping and picked up stuff at target, cleaned the entire downstairs, cleaned out my car, went to the bank, filled up my car and put out some plants in the front of the house...I dunno how I'm not sleeping right now :D

On here and organizing shit on my computer...total mess.

I go fishing all the time hand gut hshit, cut the heads off of things, bait hooks, etc. lol. I also helped a buddy of mine knock down a 40 year old shed and build a new one last summer. Just because I don't carry around a pocket knife or wear camo cut off rangers jerseys doesn't mean I'm incompetent or unable to perform menial tasks. I'd just prefer to pay guys like Pete to do it for me :wink:

LOL!

No. You're incompetent and unable. Its part of your handicap.

Best wishes to both of you, Chappie and Robin! :(

Thanks Jules. :)

#TheRightWay

I'm trying to do it ^. :)

Good luck Robin. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear it got to that point, but there is "life after." My D was in my 20's so I had no children back then with my first wife, and we were able to do it amicably, but it took a year to get over the whole emotional roller coaster and get back on track. You are not alone.

Thing is Phil, I'm so scared! Just thinking about all my shit I'll have to pack and move/store is daunting! lol It's gonna take a while. I just made a consultation appointment for next month, just to get me pointed in the right direction so I can file in about a year. Of course, my son is fucking up in school now, not getting up in the AM, etc. Ugh! He's the reason I've stayed for so long - I wanted a stable home life for him, with no worries about money. *sigh*

Ive been up since 3:44am after going to bed at 1, I couldnt sleep....laid in bed until about 6....got up, rode my bike for 45 minutes, took Max out til 7, went grocery shopping and picked up stuff at target, cleaned the entire downstairs, cleaned out my car, went to the bank, filled up my car and put out some plants in the front of the house...I dunno how I'm not sleeping right now :D

On here and organizing shit on my computer...total mess.

I get like this sometimes...all except "riding the bike" part LOL. We're just hardwired this way. We are the "caregivers" - we get shit done, so our brains/bodies just give us a kick in the ass sometimes to get it all done. You'll crash hard sooner or later though. :D

Today was a good day. I graduated officially-officially and went to pick up my diploma. We don't do cap and gown, so it's a lot more casual and I opted for... well, a little touch of good luck for tonight maybe?

http://i.imgur.com/pi2vO.jpg

Also booked 5 weeks in America from mid-July to late August this morning. Aw yeah! :cool:

• Like 3