• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Forum Access and Usability Issues

Phil

6 hours ago, phillyb said:

No, I just came to complain. 

Oh fuckin hell. Yeah, this does indeed work. I'm kinda stunned I never tried clicking somewhere. ty. 

You got it my man!!!

5 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

LOL thanks Phil!

But I agree with @phillyb, the small ones were better.

I liked the little bulbs too...kinda goes with the motif of my little weenie!!  😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Albatrosss said:

what's up with all these huge ads in the threads and on top?  Soon this site will look like swedish hockey league jerseys

...or the boards at MSG!  😃

19 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

what's up with all these huge ads in the threads and on top?  Soon this site will look like swedish hockey league jerseys

Google does automatic optimization experiments. I need to manually disable them if they're too disruptive (like the full-page takeover or the anchor ads from previous months). I'll need to experience this first-hand or maybe one of you can share a screen shot in the mean time so I know whether or not to keep it.

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

Google does automatic optimization experiments. I need to manually disable them if they're too disruptive (like the full-page takeover or the anchor ads from previous months). I'll need to experience this first-hand or maybe one of you can share a screen shot in the mean time so I know whether or not to keep it.

They're quite annoying. I have a couple screenshots I can send you.

On 2/1/2024 at 8:47 PM, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Can someone point me to the thread about photo posting? I’m still struggling with this. I’ve tried photo bucket and photomyne with spotty success - maybe 2 pictures have posted. Tried search but no luck. 

You still struggling with this? I use imgur.com to host my picture and grab a link for it. Once imgur has it, I copy the link for the image and paste it into a post here. The auto-formatting tools of the forum take the link and make it an image, provided you used the right link. 

But you have to right click the image and copy the image address. The "copy link" option doesn't do the auto-unfurl. 

21BiZGl.png

If you still need help, DM me - I can help you with this bullshit. Cause it's also different if the image already exists on a website. If that's the case, you can usually just right click + copy image address. Then paste into BSBH post. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

Phil
This post was recognized by Phil!

phillyb was awarded the badge 'Problem Solver' and 1 points.

@4EverRangerFrank

Phone is a bit trickier, but I gotchu: 

• Download Imgur app
    • Protip 1: Create an account so you can access your pics again if you ever need to
    • Protip 2: Log into the account on your computer
  • Open the app and tap the Upload icon
    • You may have to allow access to photos
  • Find your picture and select it
    • Protip 3: You can create albums with multiple pics and you can even title your albums/posts for reference
    • Be sure that the item is "hidden"
  • Tap upload
  • Once it's uploaded (you may have to tap View Post at the bottom of the screen), you unfortunately can't use the Copy Link option that pops up...
    • Instead, close that screen and then long-press on the image (tap and hold) until the new menu pops up.
    • Copy Link
  • Paste into BSBH post. 

Open app and tap upload

Tvk12Se.jpg

Select pic and choose next

dqGUpwQ.jpg

Make sure it's hidden. 

Give it a title if you want. 

Tap upload. 

JhTQ4qh.jpg

Long press on the image and copy link 

4pXKUEe.jpg