• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Forum Access and Usability Issues

Phil

Ok, here me out...sometimes the audio of the bulbs breaking doesn't work for me. I believe it's only the /unread page, but I might be wrong. Rarely, though sometimes (if I have the forum open in multiple tabs, break the bulbs in another tab, come back to /unread, I can sometimes get audio to work), I can hear the audio. 

When I have the browser maximized and go to the following URL:  https://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/discover/unread/ - I'm unable to hear the audio of the breaking bulbs. 

Further inspection in the console shows some info, but idk what to do with it, nor am I sure there's anything you can do from your end @Phil

PS: You don't see the bulbs in the screenshots because I believe they only show up once you reach a certain width (I believe this might also be why there is no mobile version of this plugin; it's not that there isn't a mobile version of the plugin, it's that the plugin doesn't work when the browser is less than a certain width (I assume)), but rest assured, they were there prior to me opening the console. 

YC2opie.png

When I click the plugins link in the console, it takes me here with an X next to something that says audio, so I guess that's where the issue is? Idk. Idk if there's anything worth looking into, I just want to break bulbs and hear audio lol

FskBDzl.png

• LMFAO 1

6 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Ok, here me out...sometimes the audio of the bulbs breaking doesn't work for me. I believe it's only the /unread page, but I might be wrong. Rarely, though sometimes (if I have the forum open in multiple tabs, break the bulbs in another tab, come back to /unread, I can sometimes get audio to work), I can hear the audio. 

When I have the browser maximized and go to the following URL:  https://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/discover/unread/ - I'm unable to hear the audio of the breaking bulbs. 

Further inspection in the console shows some info, but idk what to do with it, nor am I sure there's anything you can do from your end @Phil

PS: You don't see the bulbs in the screenshots because I believe they only show up once you reach a certain width (I believe this might also be why there is no mobile version of this plugin; it's not that there isn't a mobile version of the plugin, it's that the plugin doesn't work when the browser is less than a certain width (I assume)), but rest assured, they were there prior to me opening the console. 

YC2opie.png

When I click the plugins link in the console, it takes me here with an X next to something that says audio, so I guess that's where the issue is? Idk. Idk if there's anything worth looking into, I just want to break bulbs and hear audio lol

FskBDzl.png

@phillyb

Try clicking on a blank area on the page to activate the lights and then click over them like crazy!!  I have break every light on the page or my OCD won't let me live!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy

I have some control over the bulbs, but it's not universally supported, which is why I've left them mostly at their default state (including not turning on mobile support).

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 2.30.56 PM.png

I'm happy to increase the volume of the smashing, but remember, this is applying globally, so we should be conservative about by what amount we increase. I'd say no more than 15, given this goes to a scale of 100.

16 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Thanks for looking Phil. I don't think your volume control is going to address my issue unfortunately, so please don't change that setting on my behalf. 

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing what Large Xmas Lights look like lol

Did you try what I mentioned, Philly?

49 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Did you try what I mentioned, Philly?

No, I just came to complain. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

@phillyb

Try clicking on a blank area on the page to activate the lights and then click over them like crazy!!  I have break every light on the page or my OCD won't let me live!!  LOL

Oh fuckin hell. Yeah, this does indeed work. I'm kinda stunned I never tried clicking somewhere. ty. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Phil said:

I have some control over the bulbs, but it's not universally supported, which is why I've left them mostly at their default state (including not turning on mobile support).

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 2.30.56 PM.png

I'm happy to increase the volume of the smashing, but remember, this is applying globally, so we should be conservative about by what amount we increase. I'd say no more than 15, given this goes to a scale of 100.

The majority of us are married. You can increase the volume of smashing all you like but it won't amount to anything when the wife says "I'm tired."