• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Guentzel Staying in Carolina? Nope; Rights Traded to Lightning

Could have gotten more on the market. Would love to see the structure, probably buyout proof.

Good deal for the Canes. Dubas an idiot for dealing him in division...But then again it's not like Pittsburgh is going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by Pete

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Could have gotten more on the market. Would love to see the structure, probably buyout proof.

Good deal for the Canes. Dubas an idiot for dealing him in division...But then again it's not like Pittsburgh is going anywhere anytime soon.

I think he could have gotten around 9 per on the market, but at 7 years that’s still 1 million less in value than this deal

Agreed though. The trade package the Pens got was subpar and not worth handing a rival the 8th year contract advantage.

6 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Leaves Carolina with around 15M to try and sign Drury, Jarvis, Necas, Martinook, Teravainen, Pesce & Skjei.  Good luck with that.

They aren't trying to sign all those guys. Necas will go, Pesce will go, probably Skjei, too.

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

They aren't trying to sign all those guys. Necas will go, Pesce will go, probably Skjei, too.

I know they've been trying to trade Necas and they won't sign everyone, but it's a lot of players to try and sign/trade/replace either way with not a whole lot of money to spend.

• VINNY! 1

I'm actually surprised he didn't go back to Pittsburgh, but with Sid in his last year, and that team on it's last legs, I can understand.  I'd rather have a shot at winning too!

At least Carolina didn't just let him get away as a rental, after giving up some assets.

• Phil changed the title to Guentzel Staying in Carolina? Nope; Rights Traded to Lightning