• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rutger McGroarty Reportedly Seeking Trade from Jets

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Get him Dru

And do what with him?  Bury him for 3 years the way Laf was?

I wouldn't be trading for prospects unless we think they're top 6 ready and willing to just slot them and deal with the first year issues.

34 minutes ago, Br4d said:

And do what with him?  Bury him for 3 years the way Laf was?

I wouldn't be trading for prospects unless we think they're top 6 ready and willing to just slot them and deal with the first year issues.

His timeline coincides with Perreault’s. Plays right wing. I wouldn’t be upset if the Rangers traded Kakko or their 1st for him.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

His timeline coincides with Perreault’s. Plays right wing. I wouldn’t be upset if the Rangers traded Kakko or their 1st for him.

From what I've read, he's a left wing who has played some center and right wing, but his natural side is the left.

• Thanks 1

Are there any players that shoot right handed anymore??  Jesus!

Just what we need...another LW.  ...like we need another!  That would make what?  46 on one team???

• LMFAO 1

• Phil changed the title to Rutger McGroarty Reportedly Seeking Trade from Jets

Said it int he Kakko thread, and it's kinda hard not to cross streams, but I'd be offering Kakko + 30 for McGroarty + whatever offsetting pick value they think works. Preferably MTL 2nd this year since the Rangers don't have a 2nd for the next three years.

• Like 1

The Jets need high-end youth outperforming their cap hits, whether on their first or second contracts. McGroarty could have become that, depending on his ability to adapt his dominant collegiate game to the professional ranks. Instead, the relationship between player and club doesn’t appear reparable at this time. Thus Winnipeg’s biggest hope lies in getting strong value from McGroarty via trade.

McGroarty is a blue-chip prospect who’s held in great esteem around the NHL after finishing seventh in NCAA scoring as a sophomore and returning from a gruesome injury to captain Team USA to gold at the world juniors. He’s also a recent first-round pick who has spent two years progressing like you’d hope the No. 14 pick would progress. At 20, his future is far from known but his first two post-draft years have been a success. That has value.

At the moment, Winnipeg doesn’t have a first-round pick in 2024. McGroarty could have appeal to any team that has a first-round pick to spare, including the teams who have multiple first-round picks

Those aren’t the only teams that could — or should — have interest in McGroarty, nor is it a guarantee that Winnipeg is seeking draft capital in exchange. McGroarty should be able to return an established player that can help the Jets

Kakko + 30th checks a lot of boxes. Makes them whole in the 1st round + gives them a guy with some potential who can contribute now. They might be looking for someone with a little more term than Kakko though.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5584979/2024/06/24/rutger-mcgroarty-nikolaj-ehlers-winnipeg-jets/

Edited by BrooksBurner