• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #1: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — All Hail Christopher James

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Great personnel choice starting Chytil at home over Rempe.  Chytil put in a very impactful 9:17 with no shots, no hits, no nothing, and certainly did more than a kid that could change momentum in a game against the most physical team in the league with one hit. Let's see if Lavi wants to try the same thing again in game 2.    

No issue with Chytil over Rempe, would rather see Rempe over Vesey or Wennberg at this point though.  

Edit: Phil reminded me of Roslovic, yea he’s the odd man out now

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

As we’ve all discussed the Carolina series is not where a player like Rempe is useful, but this one very, very much is. Has to dress for game two for literally any of the bottom six or roslovic. The team and building were dead, bored, and had no juice. This kid always brings juice, that’s why we love him 

1 minute ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

No issue with Chytil over Rempe, would rather see Rempe over Vesey or Wennberg at this point though.  

Had wennberg been playing? 

that clip of wheeler celebrating with the team while In a suit made him more noticeable than wennberg. 

pretty disappointed in Vesey this playoffs so far too

If Chytil can take that pretty big hit at the end of the game and walk away fine, he's good to go and people should stop focusing on every little bump he takes. In fact, that hit might have done him a favor if there's any part of him that is nervous about taking big contact.

I would bench Vesey for Rempe, and then it's in Lavi's hands to earn that coaching swap and adjust the gameplan. He has to do more than tell these guys to chip and chase instead of fancy stuff. We know how far that goes.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Chytil isn't the problem. Roslovic is. I'd play Rempe next game and move Chytil to 1RW. Tell Roslovic to pack his bags already.

I would applaud that move. I don't have an issue w Chytil but he's a top 6 guy and is useless on a checking line. That's been my entire issue w him in the lineup last 2 games he's played.

We need the big boy in there. Not only does he jack up the other team, he gets everyone else going. The lack of finishing checks tonight was just unacceptable. Rempe can help fix that n Chytil may jump start the first line from an offensive perspective.

• Keeps it 100 1

The reality is the Rangers have had one good period over the last three or four games. 

In the words of Herb Brooks “you are playing like this is some throwaway game up in Rochester” 

12 shots through 45+ minutes is embarrassing. Chytil certainly brings a different element than Rempe but Rempe brings the energy that this team has been lacking. 

Rangers weren’t particularly good, but they were in the game until the final minutes. Team hit a couple of posts, struggled to hit the next for most of the night and seemed to have issues corralling the puck in the offensive zone.  Cannot be too reckless but need to get more sustained pressure and pucks to the net because Hurricanes and Panthers play a style that will stymie the Rangers skilled players. 

And our top players, Kreider, Panarin, Zib need to bring a whole lot more next game. 

Good news: it’s one game. It takes three more for Florida to close us out. And if you told me we went to Florida split 1-1, I would have been happy. Keep playing like this and our playoffs will be over before it really started, and we’ll only have ourselves to blame. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dem said:

I would applaud that move. I don't have an issue w Chytil but he's a top 6 guy and is useless on a checking line. That's been my entire issue w him in the lineup last 2 games he's played.

We need the big boy in there. Not only does he jack up the other team, he gets everyone else going. The lack of finishing checks tonight was just unacceptable. Rempe can help fix that n Chytil may jump start the first line from an offensive perspective.

There are several guys who would not be missed and scratched so Rempe can play his 5-7 mins. I don't think Chytil is the guy IF he's truly healthy for a team looking for offense. But the talk in general is we got abused physically across the board. I don't see it and the hits were 28-27 FL. 

• Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, Phil said:

Chytil isn't the problem. Roslovic is. I'd play Rempe next game and move Chytil to 1RW. Tell Roslovic to pack his bags already.

But JD said that we're gonna be happy!

Did you hear the lack of confidence in Drury's voice there? hahaha

I'm referencing this for those that don't know:

IMO Florida barely broke a sweat tonight. They executed their game plan to a tee. Igor wasn't his superhuman self but I'm pinning this loss on the rest of the team.

Where was the compete level? Where was the execution on the few quality chances they did get? Where was the attention to detail on a couple of the goals they did give up?

The good news is that all of the things which lost them the game were solely in the Rangers control and not so much on Florida. So fix your shit up and come back and tie this series up.

• Keeps it 100 1

I can't wait to read all the Zac Jones takes after this game where the Rangers got bullied by size and strength in their own end for most of the game. There were several Florida players who could not be pushed off the puck as they cycled. Let me just go ahead and address it now that Zac Jones does not solve anything, and not what you want for this series. Neither does Chad Rudeweasel. Adam Fox struggled enough with the physicality. They don't need less size and strength in the lineup.

What's especially annoying is that you just know there's going to be games this series where the Rangers will absolutely dominate and Florida will steal one (maybe more). And so you just can't afford to have passive nights like this where you're essentially gifting them a game, rather than Florida going out and winning it on their own. 

Either way, their margin for error going forward is now razor thin. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Phil said:

I really don't want to get on Roslovic after he made at least 2 plays in that 3rd period of G6 that eventually led to goals, but he's just so soft and against a strong, bully team like the Panthers it's hard to look past.

I wouldn't necessarily be against it though. Anything should be on the table after what we just witnessed. A closely played game that just broke the wrong way is one thing, like G4 in Carolina, but this wasn't that. This was closer to G3 2014 Stanley Cup.

Edited by BrooksBurner

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I can't wait to read all the Zac Jones takes after this game where the Rangers got bullied by size and strength in their own end for most of the game. There were several Florida players who could not be pushed off the puck as they cycled. Let me just go ahead and address it now that Zac Jones does not solve anything, and not what you want for this series. Neither does Chad Rudeweasel. Adam Fox struggled enough with the physicality. They don't need less size and strength in the lineup.

lol I completely forgot they got Ruwedel. Another worthless acquisition just like the others at the deadline.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Rangers are soft, been saying it for how long.  

Round 1 - Caps are brutal

Round 2 - series could’ve easily went the other way

Round 3 - uh oh

I hope they come back, I hope they show heart, I hope Panarin proves me wrong

but right now I’m pissed

12 minutes ago, phillyb said:

But JD said that we're gonna be happy!

Did you hear the lack of confidence in Drury's voice there? hahaha

I'm referencing this for those that don't know:

"your gonna be happy"....its believed the St. Louis GM said this when he fleeced Drury for buchnevich....JD is just low key rubbing it in his face