• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Florida or Boston?

Posted (edited)

Anyone really follow the league and can talk about matchups, strengths / weaknesses of each team, etc? 

I am mainly a Rangers fan, and only casually follow the NHL overall.  I know the stars from each team: Florida has Tkachuk / Barkov / Reinhart / Bobrovsky and Boston has Pasta / Marchand / Swayman / McAvoy. 

I'm just curious who we may matchup better with given our strengths...my gut says Boston is the better matchup for us...but as Phil said, at this point, who really cares, we gonna wipe the floor with whoever is across the rink from us 🙂  Still on a high from last night, so maybe call this thread "Sandstrom's nervous energy ramblings" LOL

Edited by Tomas Sandstrom
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I feel like we played boston pretty well during the regular season.

I remember feeling dominated by florida in at least one of those games...at least as far as possession, speed etc.

u know boston is coming out hard against us though. while half of the crowd in florida will be ranger fans...

either way, as said, quadruple ot in game 6 and 7...then give us whoever is barely breathing

Edited by Jdog99

Boston has been a good matchup for us for quite some time, perhaps even going back to Lundqvist. He always played well against them. I think the Rangers can beat either of them, but Florida is definitely the worst matchup of the two. The Bruins are good, but the Panthers are a buzz saw, and loaded. Their play style will also give the Rangers a lot of problems, as well.

• Keeps it 100 1

Honestly, and it's been said before....neither of these teams scare me, at all honestly; I feel like Carolina was the hardest out of the bunch. Boston was only towards the top of the conference due to loser points in OT. Florida is good but not incredible. Bring on the next challenge; after facing adversity for a couple games, these boys are riding high and ready for whatever may come!!!

• Believe 1

From my perspective, I'd prefer, Florida that's favored to win the EC. I just don't want to hear during the final, that "It should had been Florida in the final....". Let's beat them fair a square to shut them up...

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

So, when about is the earliest the ECF can start? Any idea? At the very least they'll have a couple of extra days of rest.

On espn.com theyre already showing the rangers vs. tbd on wednesday night

2 hours ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

Anyone really follow the league and can talk about matchups, strengths / weaknesses of each team, etc? 

I am mainly a Rangers fan, and only casually follow the NHL overall.  I know the stars from each team: Florida has Tkachuk / Barkov / Reinhart / Bobrovsky and Boston has Pasta / Marchand / Swayman / McAvoy. 

I'm just curious who we may matchup better with given our strengths...my gut says Boston is the better matchup for us...but as Phil said, at this point, who really cares, we gonna wipe the floor with whoever is across the rink from us 🙂  Still on a high from last night, so maybe call this thread "Sandstrom's nervous energy ramblings" LOL

Mr. Sandstrom this a great thread. I sm still buzzing from the win last night too! Im 55 and you would think I would be able to say hey get your job done at work will talk Rangers hockey later. Hell no!!! Somethings never get old. My gut says Boston cause i think the Rangers have a better chance to move through them to the Stanley Cup round. But another part of me thinks even if it’s Florida the Rangers can take them too. It will probably be more of an offensive series if it’s Florida. We will need Rempe to keep Bennet at bay  incase he starts some shit. Rangers are very deep and rolling right now. Rangers -Boston Rangers in 5 …Rangers -Florida …Rangers in 6…

LGR!!!