• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #5: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Hurrican't

Shesty played is ass off for this!

How much did the first line get paid to throw this games? (look at the +/- & sports betting is bad for the sport)

Fox is truly hurt he is a liability so play Jones and start Quick, you have nothing to loose

Something need to be chnage with Panarin, Kreider, Zib and Trocheck

Chtyl can play BENCH Wennberg as he is useless as Kakko, plus he should have been moved at the deadline.

Posted (edited)

I don't think we're doomed but I also can see them getting snuffed the rest of the way. Even Vally saying he "wonders how you recoup after that one".  But I do definitely think the focus on just what happened or didn't in the third (coming from the Trouba and Tro interviews) is misguided. They sucked ass and were flat from the drop of the puck. Hell Boyle just said half joking he could played Anderson's game tonight. Good on Lavy for saying it was more than the 3rd period tonight. Let's see if Lavy can light a fire under these guys. Hoping Chytil can go Thursday.

Shit Lavy's suit matches tonight's effort. Talk to Hank before game six coach, be better!

Edited by Scott

3 minutes ago, Highwaystar said:

I just think as “a team” the Hurricanes are just better. They shouldn’t have been down 3-0 because they played well. Rangers are just not as good as a team. More talented players but not as good. 

rangers are soft, have been for years

• Bullseye 1

20 minutes ago, Steve said:

Time for a Netflix movie.  Not sure what happened to the Rangers but what a fucking turn around.  Good teams don't collapse like this.  Out of position, bad passes, not shooting, totally off balance all night long.

Yeah just complete crap

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Chytil back in for game six?

if his 'illness' was at all related to previous concussion symptoms, i'd be highly skeptical

19 minutes ago, fletch said:

The first ten minutes of the third, with a chance to close out the Canes, was terrible.  The key for me is how the locker room handles it.  Does a player step up and say we have to be better?  Or is it all good and we’ll just roll out for game 6, it’s fine?

Yup. Spot on. It’s easy to see how strong the locker room is when you blaze through the first seven games. Now you get to see what they made of

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Shesty played is ass off for this!

How much did the first line get paid to throw this games? (look at the +/- & sports betting is bad for the sport)

Fox is truly hurt he is a liability so play Jones and start Quick, you have nothing to loose

Something need to be chnage with Panarin, Kreider, Zib and Trocheck

Chtyl can play BENCH Wennberg as he is useless as Kakko, plus he should have been moved at the deadline.

You loss any credibility by saying Jones for Fox and Quick for Shesterkin

• Like 4
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)

Also, Jordan Staal played an incredible game with huge balls tonight. Full credit. Hope anyone on our team was watching 

well they all were watching but not like that 

Edited by Valriera

Just now, Jdog99 said:

if his 'illness' was at all related to previous concussion symptoms, i'd be highly skeptical

For what it's worth they said it was more soreness after having played for the first time in 6 months and not related to his concussion(s). IF that's the case the extra day off has to be to his benefit going into thursday. Otherwise fuck just dress 11 forwards.

This is their first time facing adversity in the postseason. They did a great job with it during the season, so here we go. They may have gotten too big headed with the 7-0 streak. It's really put up or shut up right now.

• Believe 3

The Hurricanes are a team that have fumbled the ball for years and are staring at major changes. Don’t think that wasn’t a talk in the locker room going into the 3rd. It’s that cores last kick at the can. If the Rangers don’t up the ante and meet that level of desperation on Thursday, then they’re fooling themselves. Because they need to now have the same mentality because if we lose this series, this core is also looking at something similar.

• Phil unpinned this topic

So, here's a good way of putting it. All of the casual Rangers fans emerge this time of year. One of them is a friend of mine. She texted me and said, "why does it seem like Carolina has twice as many guys on the ice as we do? They get every single loose puck." 

No kidding. Casual fan eye test says it all. Outworked and outhustled start to finish. 

• Bullseye 2

11 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

So, here's a good way of putting it. All of the casual Rangers fans emerge this time of year. One of them is a friend of mine. She texted me and said, "why does it seem like Carolina has twice as many guys on the ice as we do? They get every single loose puck." 

No kidding. Casual fan eye test says it all. Outworked and outhustled start to finish. 

We all saw it too.

32 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

You loss any credibility by saying Jones for Fox and Quick for Shesterkin

I loose nothing as the announcers even said he his playing with a leg injury so he is a liability right now

Igor is why there is a game 6 but he needs a break, watch the game GAA 3.3,2,4,4 plus 40 SOG avg.

Quick was brought here for reason and has the big game experience , just like when he started in January 

• LMFAO 1

3 minutes ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

I loose nothing as the announcers even said he his playing with a leg injury so he is a liability right now

Igor is why there is a game 6 but he needs a break, watch the game GAA 3.3,2,4,4 plus 40 SOG avg.

Quick was brought here for reason and has the big game experience , just like when he started in January 

Just because the announcers said he’s playing with an injury doesn’t make your idea right

That was a stinker!

Hockey happens, boys!!  You guys knew this wasn't gonna be that easy!  Come on!  It's the fucking filthy Rangers!!  This what we do, and have done forever.  If there's a tough avenue to take, you damn well know that's the way we're going! and here are the Top 12 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Uncle Joe's blow up fuck doll...which had more life than us tonight!

6 hours ago, Dem said:

Brindamour's face looks like my wife's meatloaf

5 hours ago, Pete said:

What's their record when he starts? 

Asking because I think the forum can meet in the middle at Rempe singing the national anthem....

4 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

We get Prince Valium and Ferraro tonight.

4 hours ago, mbob said:

rod brind'amour sounding like Charlie on Always Sunny there

4 hours ago, knedragon said:

I wouldn’t want to score on any of Emily’s holes , even at 4 am with the blinders on ! 

3 hours ago, knedragon said:

Wow , I didn’t think he was gonna make it down the ice with that wooden leg , Trouba !!

3 hours ago, phillyb said:

Trouba saw he was with Goody and was like, "nah i got this"

3 hours ago, phillyb said:

Panarin threw a jockstrap during intermission. 

3 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

Trouba: Fuck you Blueshirts Brotherhood!

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Paging the cardiologist there's an entire team that has has no heartbeat in this one up to now.

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Vally soiling his diaper with nervous shits after this one. 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

@Ozzy post of the GDT is covered by the Rangers. No need to tally them up.

that performance was joke enough for all of us!

We haven't had a flubber like this in quite a while, but if we were gonna do it, at least it didn't happen in a Game 7 like last year!

Fuck it!  I picked us in 6 anyway, so I kinda expected a tougher road, I was just hopeful maybe we could go easy on the nerves once....Guess not!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Pete @siddious, who pretty much summed it all up.  We looked like a fucking mess.  Igor was great, the rest should've just stayed in the locker room!

We win Thursday! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 1