• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #4: Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Rent Free & Cry Hard

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

After they swallow their whistles almost the entire game they decide to call a simple garden variety trip with 3 minutes left in a tie game.  Curious decision.

Well, you can't have the consensus Stanley Cup Champion get swept...

2 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

They deserved to lose. Maybe they'll wake up for the next game.

Outstanding point dude.. First period looked bad and still found a way to tie it up. Bad penalty—shit happens…re focus tomorrow. Would be great to have Chytil and Rempe playing together! Goal scoring speedy center and a 7 foot enforcer imposing his will that no one wants a piece of. What a combo! 

LGR!!! 

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

So yet again you don't have a specific answer.

By what specific metric did the hurricanes dominate the first period? And what does that have to do with the rest of the game?

You're telling me to learn hockey, you think a fourth line scrub is the reason we lost the one goal game. Please, teach me about hockey. Put your knowledge on display for all of us to learn. 

And then when you're done, you can let us know if you are Rempe Dad, or his Agent. 

The 4th line scrub that has 2 goals in 129 minutes of playing time on the 4th line vs Chytil who skated 150 mins as 2C between Laffy and Panarin to start the season and scored exactly ZERO goals. How is that even possible?  I bet even you could skate 10 games between those two wingers and get one to bounce off you into the net.  Yes, Chytil is the playoff savior even though the team was 6-0 with Rempe in the line up.      

And you got a specific answer, you just don't like it or are to dumb to understand it.  And where are the specific answers to my questions: What did Brodzinski do tonight to help the team?   NOTHING.  What did Chytil do in game 3 to help win the game?  NOTHING.  They won game 3 on Igor's back and our great PK unit that scored a shortie and shut down the Canes PP. No need to answer because you obviously have no clue. 

IMO, you're a fool and know nothing about how to win an NHL hockey game. It's thinking like yours that has brought all of 1 Stanley Cup to NYC in over 80 years. 

You don't like my opinions, good for you but I could care less because there are no reasons to suffer fools in this lifetime. Waste someone else's time.   

Its all good. A lesson that our team cant go 16-0 in playoffs. Canes got lucky with the late PP.  i had all the confidence that the rangers would’ve taken it if the game went to OT. 

#wheresfox?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, delneggs said:

The 4th line scrub that has 2 goals in 129 minutes of playing time on the 4th line vs Chytil who skated 150 mins as 2C between Laffy and Panarin to start the season and scored exactly ZERO goals. How is that even possible?  I bet even you could skate 10 games between those two wingers and get one to bounce off you into the net.  Yes, Chytil is the playoff savior even though the team was 6-0 with Rempe in the line up.      

And you got a specific answer, you just don't like it or are to dumb to understand it.  And where are the specific answers to my questions: What did Brodzinski do tonight to help the team?   NOTHING.  What did Chytil do in game 3 to help win the game?  NOTHING.  They won game 3 on Igor's back and our great PK unit that scored a shortie and shut down the Canes PP. No need to answer because you obviously have no clue. 

IMO, you're a fool and know nothing about how to win an NHL hockey game. It's thinking like yours that has brought all of 1 Stanley Cup to NYC in over 80 years. 

You don't like my opinions, good for you but I could care less because there are no reasons to suffer fools in this lifetime. Waste someone else's time.   

Are you done embarrassing yourself? 

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 1

42 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Trouba is a $8mil a year disaster.  We knew this for years now. But once the refs stop calling penalties the rangers are in trouble. 

It’s time for Miller to replace him on  PP2, well past time.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

It’s not.

He still does half the time, yeah.

Richie said it’s all on Trouba’s shoulders. That’s all. Then you got this other guy saying it‘s all Brodzinski’s fault.

It’s like blaming the dog for the weather.

It is the damn dogs fault for the weather! I wanted snow all day dammit! Shit!

Shit man. I love you guys.

We got this Monday. Fuck these hillbilly inbred fucking dingalings. NASCAR loving jerkoffs.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • LMFAO 2
  • Believe 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

So yet again you don't have a specific answer.

By what specific metric did the hurricanes dominate the first period? And what does that have to do with the rest of the game?

You're telling me to learn hockey, you think a fourth line scrub is the reason we lost the one goal game. Please, teach me about hockey. Put your knowledge on display for all of us to learn. 

And then when you're done, you can let us know if you are Rempe Dad, or his Agent. 

U dont think the rangers were dominated in the first period?

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

It is the damn dogs fault for the weather! I wanted snow dammit!

Shit man. I love you guys.

We got this Monday. Fuck these hillbilly inbred fucking dingalings.

I love it when you’re drunk. 

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Its all good. A lesson that our team cant go 16-0 in playoffs. Canes got lucky with the late PP.  i had all the confidence that the rangers would’ve taken it if the game went to OT. 

#wheresfox?

Unfortunately that's the kind of garbage that bleeds over into the next game. And the next game. And the next game. And the.... 

Carolina was never getting swept.

Carolina was always going to find a way to win at least 1 in their building.

It shook out the way I think many of us expected and it’s fine.

Despite a poor 1st period, they tied it up, rest of game was pretty even. 
And it took a fortuitous penalty call and a goal on a pretty low percentage shot very late in the game for Carolina to win it.

No problem.

Go home and win Game 5. 

• Keeps it 100 1

The second line, that most of the times carries the team, ended up with a combined +/- of -6; Bread -3, Laffy -1 and Tro -2. If it wasn't for Laffy's goal, the second line could've ended up with -7. That and defensive lapses, including Shesty, had been the difference last night.

Night like this can happen during the playoffs. As long as they will not make this a habit, they will be just fine. In my view, they will eliminate the 'Canes in game five on Monday; MSG will be rocking. LGR!!!!

• BREAD! 1
  • Believe 2

6 hours ago, delneggs said:

Please stop with the Rempe insanity, it’s so dumb and annoying at this point.  You honestly think a player who spends more time in the penalty box than on the ice is going to change last night?  But you're calling others fools and telling them to learn the game?  Wow!  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

And for the love of God, learn the English language, it’s couldn’t  careless.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Maybe. He had 1 point in his last 20 games or something. Maybe he was just due and took the demotion to the 4th line personally 🤷‍♂️

I wasnt talking about the goal really, just line play/dynamic. They seemed to be back to possession O zone n generally flying around shutting down good opportunities for the other team. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Valriera said:

This was never going to be a sweep. We would take 3-1 going home every day of the week at series start. Take care of business Monday.

Going into the series, every single person here would’ve signed up for that.  And even then they still had a great chance to win it.

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski
  • Bullseye 1

Perception is a funny thing. Living in Charlotte I get quite a bit of Canes stuff. 

Last night was finally “the real Canes” according to the fanbase. Games 1-3, Carolina played horribly and the Rangers and Igor played lights out to steal 3 wins. Last night was how the series should be played, or so I’ve read. 

My neighbors didn't like hearing the Rangers slept through the first and still easily could have won. Canes are fortunate their next team event isn't exit meetings.  

Come out hard Monday night and shitpump these fools. 

1 hour ago, Cr00zng said:

The second line, that most of the times carries the team, ended up with a combined +/- of -6; Bread -3, Laffy -1 and Tro -2. If it wasn't for Laffy's goal, the second line could've ended up with -7. That and defensive lapses, including Shesty, had been the difference last night.

Night like this can happen during the playoffs. As long as they will not make this a habit, they will be just fine. In my view, they will eliminate the 'Canes in game five on Monday; MSG will be rocking. LGR!!!!

Why would you combine the minuses?