• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #4: Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Rent Free & Cry Hard

7 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If Chytil suffered another set back it really is a shame.  Kid can’t catch a break.  Maybe it wasn’t the right choice to play him.  

He had one play last night where he slid into the boards after a hit and got up slowly.

Just now, Bieser said:

I'm hopeful it's not concussion related. If it were, would he really be a game time decision??  He'd be shut down no?

Lavvy isn't going to give it away, so he says GTD.

2 minutes ago, Bieser said:

I'm hopeful it's not concussion related. If it were, would he really be a game time decision??  He'd be shut down no?

If he woke up nauseated it could be any number of things including concussion-related.  Waiting until a bit later in the day to see if other symptoms settle in or if he feels better is probably the way to go.

Posted (edited)

This whole thing is scary. I don’t recall him taking a shot at all, at least a noticeable one, from any Canes the other night. I hope for the best for the guy. Hopefully it’s just an illness and he’s good to go.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

This whole thing is scary. I don’t recall him taking a shot at all, at least a noticeable one, from any Canes the other night. 

He definitely slid into the endboards near the goal at one point.  Now that I think about it I'm not sure he was hit before that either.

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This whole thing is scary. I don’t recall him taking a shot at all, at least a noticeable one, from any Canes the other night. I hope for the best for the guy. Hopefully it’s just an illness and he’s good to go.

I noticed that he wasn't really hit much at all . Is there a code to not go after someone in his situation ? I would think in the playoffs all bets are off, but this is more than just a minor injury. it could affect his whole life .

21 minutes ago, Br4d said:

He definitely slid into the endboards near the goal at one point.  Now that I think about it I'm not sure he was hit before that either.

An individual doesn't need to take a hit/impact for post-concussion symptoms to re-appear...

2 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

There's no way that STDs from celebratory sex with N.C. Hookers would have kicked in this quickly for Chytil, is there?

Time is at a stand still in NC.  So, probably wouldn't set in for at least a month or so, as long as he stays there.  Time returns to normal once you leave that state.