• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

5 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I don’t know he will change their pussy mentality as a whole.  They got physically punished and never pushed back.  They were never in that game, it was sickening to watch how soft they played.

Both coaches said in their post games that this was not an overly physical playoff game. The hits were 20 plus each. 

Don't let the ESPN narrative skew what really happened. 

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Both coaches said in their post games that this was not an overly physical playoff game. The hits were 20 plus each. 

Don't let the ESPN narrative skew what really happened. 

My eyes told me they got pushed around last night.  Their lack of forecheck continues to be a concern.  They played a soft game.

Posted (edited)

That game was not about hits, although Florida had a few impactful hits early. It was about Florida getting the puck deep, battled for possession, and they are loaded with guys who can’t get pushed off the puck. Physical bullying != hitting here.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

My eyes told me they got pushed around last night.  Their lack of forecheck continues to be a concern.  They played a soft game.

Lack of forecheck, yes. Kreider mention they were out of sync (while he was complaining about the ice...sigh)... But that's not the same as being physically dominated. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Lack of forecheck, yes. Kreider mention they were out of sync (while he was complaining about the ice...sigh)... But that's not the same as being physically dominated. 

They were physically dominated and smothered in their own zone while the Panthers walked out of the zone all game.

26 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

They were physically dominated and smothered in their own zone while the Panthers walked out of the zone all game.

They weren't physically dominated.

24 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Physicality isn't the problem.  Their energy level I would question.  They seem like they are sleep walking most of the last 4 games of the playoffs.  

Or maybe it's just that the teams across are really fucking good and you're never going to dominate whistle to whistle?

I don't agree at all with this 4 games time frame people are making up. I outlined it in the other thread. I don't see it at all. There was 1 game in the last 4 they had no business winning, and I was CAR G5, and they led 1-0 for a lot of the game.

Effort isn't the issue, execution is the issue.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Or maybe it's just that the teams across are really fucking good and you're never going to dominate whistle to whistle?

I don't agree at all with this 4 games time frame people are making up. I outlined it in the other thread. I don't see it at all. There was 1 game in the last 4 they had no business winning, and I was CAR G5, and they led 1-0 for a lot of the game.

Effort isn't the issue, execution is the issue.

The teams they are playing are really good teams.  And they could've won all the games even G5 against Carolina if not for a few bad minutes.  Effort isn't an issue, I can't imagine any team making the conference finals without trying.  It's a lack of energy that's concerning.  I'm sure the flu bug has a lot to do with it.

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The teams they are playing are really good teams.  And they could've won all the games even G5 against Carolina if not for a few bad minutes.  Effort isn't an issue, I can't imagine any team making the conference finals without trying.  It's a lack of energy that's concerning.  I'm sure the flu bug has a lot to do with it.

I agree about effort. It’s not an effort issue. They are simply not able to impose their will on a game with any kind of consistency. They need powerplays and elite goaltending. The other teams don’t.

Edited by BrooksBurner

25 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I agree about effort. It’s not an effort issue. They are simply not able to impose their will on a game with any kind of consistency. They need powerplays and elite goaltending. The other teams don’t.

The generated numerous scoring chances last night outside the power play. They hit three posts and they had two broken sticks. 

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

The generated numerous scoring chances last night outside the power play. They hit three posts and they had two broken sticks. 

The broken sticks were not in a good scoring area so it’s not even worth mentioning.

Florida imposed their will in the OZ all game and it’s likely to continue. The Rangers game plan seems to be settling for minimal scoring opportunities and hoping Igor bails them out in the face of sustained pressure every game. In other words, nothing has changed.

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The broken sticks were not in a good scoring area so it’s not even worth mentioning.

Florida imposed their will in the OZ all game and it’s likely to continue. The Rangers game plan seems to be settling for minimal scoring opportunities and hoping Igor bails them out in the face of sustained pressure every game. In other words, nothing has changed.

Well your opinion is different than both coaches', so I tend to side with their view of things, as well as Valley's.

It was and evenly played game. We can stop with the talk of Florida dominating and imposing their will. It just didn't happen. 

Also, I understand why you want to forget about the broken sticks because it doesn't fit your narrative, but even a shot from a bad angle can give you a rebound and a scoring chance or even go in, so it's pretty silly to say we should disregard it. I think you know that.

Edited by Pete
  • Applause 1

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well your opinion is different than both coaches', so I tend to side with their view of things, as well as Valley's.

It was and evenly played game. We can stop with the talk of Florida dominating and imposing their will. It just didn't happen. 

Also, I understand why you want to forget about the broken sticks because it doesn't fit your narrative, but even a shot from a bad angle can give you a rebound and a scoring chance or even go in, so it's pretty silly to say we should disregard it. I think you know that.

Cool story, but it misses the forest for the trees.

I’ll go with Messier who saw what I saw, and why he was urging for Rempe to be back in the lineup for game 2.

16 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Cool story, but it misses the forest for the trees.

This is a throwaway line that doesn't mean anything. We can agree to disagree, but the numbers don't support your interpretation. 

I’ll go with Messier who saw what I saw, and why he was urging for Rempe to be back in the lineup for game 2.

I mean that's fine, but there's also a reason he's not a coach. If he knew how to run a team, I'm sure he'd be running one. 

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Bad ice according to CJK, said it was no excuse but he had to go there and in quite a bit of detail.  Kinda wish he didn't say it because well it was no excuse and both teams played on it obviously which he acknowledged. He gets the hall pass after the last game.  Way too many passengers last night imo. Time to pick it up all the way around tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

This is a throwaway line that doesn't mean anything. We can agree to disagree, but the numbers don't support your interpretation. 

I mean that's fine, but there's also a reason he's not a coach. If he knew how to run a team, I'm sure he'd be running one. 

It’s weird how you got no problem going out of your way to diss probably the two greatest playoff forwards in Rangers history in Mess and Kreider, but you’ll go slob Panarin’s knob when he stinks. Missing perspective me thinks

• LMFAO 1

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

Bad ice according to CJK, said it was no excuse but he had to go there and in quite a bit of detail.  Kinda wish he didn't say it because well it was no excuse and both teams played on it obviously which he acknowledged. He gets the hall pass after the last game.  Way too many passengers last night imo. Time to pick it up all the way around tomorrow.

I know it comes across as an excuse, but I believe what he said. It’s a legitimate reason to approach the game differently knowing the puck might be more unpredictable than usual. They didn’t adjust. Florida didn’t have to adjust because it was already the way they approach the game. I’m not sure the Rangers are capable of that style

4 hours ago, Pete said:

This is the same crap you posted to “prove me wrong” in December when Florida also dominated the rangers. You made fun of me when i said those stats didnt mean shit. Vally’s “stats” are total crap. Florida dominated the rangers in almost every aspect of the game except breakaways. 
You watched the game, there’s no way you saw even play

3 hours ago, Scott said:

Kreider gets no pass!  He scored a hattrick in a second round. He didn’t score a hat trick to win the cup. Lets stop with Kreider fellacio

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

It’s weird how you got no problem going out of your way to diss probably the two greatest playoff forwards in Rangers history in Mess and Kreider, but you’ll go slob Panarin’s knob when he stinks. Missing perspective me thinks

Explain what this has to do with the conversation we were having? 

Losing a debate, so we shift to a personal attack. Par for the course. 

Edited by Pete

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

This is the same crap you posted to “prove me wrong” in December when Florida also dominated the rangers. You made fun of me when i said those stats didnt mean shit. Vally’s “stats” are total crap. Florida dominated the rangers in almost every aspect of the game except breakaways. 
You watched the game, there’s no way you saw even play

You're right, multiple NHL teams utilize CSA's data, but it doesn't mean shit. 

Maybe NHL teams should just hire you!

PS... Both coaches also said the game was evenly played, maybe they don't know shit either!

I guess MoneyPuck doesn't know anything either. They said the Rangers deserve to win the game. 

https://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2023030311

Call me crazy, but I see some scoring chances from the middle there... Hard to get to the middle when you're being physically dominated, isn't it?

Edited by Pete