• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes — Round Two General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

1 minute ago, Jdog99 said:

Ok...i feel a bit better now...cause i just realized that even if we squeek this one out we're probably getting crushed by the panthers 🥸

Panarin will stay home against the panthers. He’s not even going to drive to the rink. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Keirik said:

This is a good team. They are a good team. We won 3 in a row. They won 2 in a row. We will close them out. It's just not going to be easy. 

I like the optimism, but they weren't a good team tonight. They were a disaster on ice. They weren't good the game before either. It's become all too familiar.

Edited by Abe Froman
  • Bullseye 1

I'm not sure if Fox is still hurting from that impact with Jensen in the Caps series, but all the leaders need to collectively step up and be better on Thursday because they sure as hell weren't to be seen tonight. Quite simply, the Rangers need to play Thursday like they're the ones facing elimination. 

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

This is a good team. They are a good team. We won 3 in a row. They won 2 in a row. We will close them out. It's just not going to be easy. 

Yeah. Whatever folks told themselves at 3-0 up, this was always a series. The first 4 games were really tight affairs that could've gone either way. 

This is what a SC run looks like. They were never sweeping Carolina, and it was never going to be easy. Now they have to face some adversity, and if they are real contenders and not just regular season pretenders surfing on pure talent they will find a way to close it out. They are still in the driving seat here. 

If they can't and this was it for them it was all for nothing anyway. They came so close to sweeping the Canes, but you're not going to breeze past FLA and whoever comes out of the West without having to face major adversity along the way. 

If they go down like that we can start the post mortem. For now, they have two shots at winning the series. Strap in, buckle up, just go fucking do it. 

• Applause 1
  • Believe 3

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Still angry as hell.

I missed most of the game and I’ve never said this before but I’m glad I did.

from what I saw there was no effort and energy.

we can talk all we want about laviolette being a better coach, and he is, but effort and poor starts are something that’s been an issue for years here and I think we can all agree it’s a core issue. 

• Keeps it 100 3

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

we can talk all we want about laviolette being a better coach, and he is, but effort and poor starts are something that’s been an issue for years here and I think we can all agree it’s a core issue. 

they need to dig deep, unfortunately they’ve shown us over the years that they can’t, will this year be different?  Time will tell

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

8 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

I like the optimism, but they weren't a good team tonight. They were a disaster on ice. They weren't good the game before either. It's become all too familiar.

If the Rangers blow this series heads have to roll. Breadman, Mika, Fox, Miller…. This is the 2nd coach to experience the same SHIT!! These guys are making Gallant look innocent. They need to wake the fuck up and skate for A FULL 60 MINUTES ….

• Keeps it 100 2

Biggest concern I have is there was literally no offense generated by a team that prided itself on being a skilled team.  This is exactly the way the Devils series last year went.  Concerning too is how once Trouba scored they literally refused to even try an dgenerate offense-  like they treated the puck like a hand grenade and as soon as it got on their stick they just flipped it away.  I can't stand that style of play in which they just fend off attacks.  In game 6 I want to see a sustained offensive attack for 60 minutes even if(when) they get the lead.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

If the Rangers blow this series heads have to roll. Breadman, Mika, Fox, Miller…. This is the 2nd coach to experience the same SHIT!! These guys are making Gallant look innocent. They need to wake the fuck up and skate for A FULL 60 MINUTES ….

Yes-  This is exactly right about killing coaches and guys unable to close out series.  But it's not really fair to call the top 6 out-  they've been incredible all series.  The number one culprit is Trouba-  He's been awful all series and his post game comments after last game were far too normalizing of an absurdly bad showing.  That was the time for him to say straight away " You can't just fall into a shell and play defense for the entire game and expect to win against a team like Carolina.  We need to get back to what got us here."  Instead he said words like " we sat back too much and the other team is good...blah blah blah.."  

His captaincy is looking like a huge mistake-- he seems like a great guy and an awesome community member but it's looking like he's not really a leader in big playoff spots.

I wasn't angry at all during or after Game 5. Because I was expecting exactly this kind of disgrace. Got used to it during the years. We get so far with a certain style and energy, just to throw our identity overboard and act "smart"...when in reality we just shit in our pants and none of the so-called leaders are stepping up. A win would've honestly shocked me like a rising sun at midnight. 

• Keeps it 100 1

If Chytil can play game 6 I think you have to move Wennberg out of the 3C.  Wennberg isn't any good in the offense zone. 

Not sure what's going on  with Vesey either.  He hasn't done much of anything in the entire playoffs.   

Shit against the Devils last year is creeping in.  

Panarin non-existent, throwing pucks to the middle of the ice.

Guys not hitting with purpose.  Not shooting the puck.  

Rangers thinking they had this series wrapped up after Game 3, just like they thought their was no way the Devils would come back 2-0 down.

We'll see if the Rangers have learned their lesson from the Devils series last year. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Shit against the Devils last year is creeping in.  

Panarin non-existent, throwing pucks to the middle of the ice.

Guys not hitting with purpose.  Not shooting the puck.  

Rangers thinking they had this series wrapped up after Game 3, just like they thought their was no way the Devils would come back 2-0 down.

We'll see if the Rangers have learned their lesson from the Devils series last year. 

Panarin is such a give and take guy. When he gives he’s a golden god. When he’s being bad it’s really bad. He was at the very least partially responsible for at least 2

goals the previous game. Didn’t do shit yesterday. 

you need your top players in every playoff game. 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

It was absolutely brutal. I'm struggling to come up with the words to properly explain just how bad it was. Like, all of them feel like euphemisms for how bad it actually was.

You ever play with those small marble games as a kid where you have to move the small marble from one side of the board to the other by tipping the board in various directions? The game felt like that, except the board never tipped except in one direction — ours.

They've played one bad game in the last, what, 20? First clunker of the playoffs.

No reason for panic. They've got 2 chances to end it. If they win Thursday, this game is a blip.

I'm not worried. They've responded to adversity all season. I've got no reason to think they won't respond here.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2