• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes — Round Two General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Phil changed the title to Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

I have no clue how you can justify favoring the Hurricanes here. The Rangers have been ahead of them since before Halloween, won the Division and won 2 of 3 against them.

But, such as life.

Carolina had issues giving up goals to an Islanders team that isn’t as potent as the Rangers. Fast and Pesce out is huge for us and a huge loss for them.

Rangers seem to have a very business-like, next-game-up mentality that is dangerous. A real tunnel vision for a greater goal.

Playoffs really begin now.

Rangers in 6.

• Bullseye 1
  • Believe 2

Maybe the Rangers were taking the Capitals a bit too lightly because they were quite sloppy in a couple of the games. If they don't shore that up, Carolina will blow their doors off. I fully expect them to be sharper this series, and win it in six games.

The Rangers are deep right now and relatively healthy.  I think Carolina is going to have some problems trying to maintain their pace.

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)

In addition to the other injuries, DeAngelo sounds like he may have a decent injury off a slash tonight against the Islanders. Canes definitely come into series with some holes on the blueline.

Edited by RichieNextel305

The 'Canes won two of their games vs. the Isles with lucky bounces; scored two goal within eight and ninth seconds in both cases. Their luck is about to run out, Rangers in four.

LFGR!!!

• Believe 3

Biggest factor here is extra rest and being healthy. If we figure out how to get into their zone and be physical we could potentially take this series in four or five - Carolina already hurting on the backend and they are already not a heavy team. 

I think the key will be breakouts and making sure we take the body every chance we get 

Posted (edited)

I hate this going narrative… The way some of you talk about Carolina you’d think they were a dynasty or something.

theres a reason, even with the rangers many flaws, they the rangers stayed above them in the standings ALL SEASON LONG. 

they’re better than Washington.

theyre not better than the rangers.

we own this team*

*= provided they show up and play their game. We can never be certain of this.

Edited by siddious
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 5

20 minutes ago, siddious said:

I hate this going narrative… The way some of you talk about Carolina you’d think they were a dynasty or something.

theres a reason, even with the rangers many flaws, they the rangers stayed above them

in the standings ALL SEASON LONG. 

they’re better then Washington.

theyre not better than the rangers.

we own this team*

*= provided they show up and play their game. We can never be certain of this.

Agreed. Too many people here think Carolina is good on purpose and the Rangers are good by accident.

These teams are quite close with the Rangers having an obvious edge in goaltending. 

Do the Rangers need to play their best hockey to win? Yes. Does Carolina also need to play their best hockey to win? Yes. Did either team play their best hockey through 100% of the previous series? No.

But only one team swept their opponent...

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 1

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Agreed. Too many people here think Carolina is good on purpose and the Rangers are good by accident.

These teams are quite close with the Rangers having an obvious edge in goaltending. 

Do the Rangers need to play their best hockey to win? Yes. Does Carolina also need to play their best hockey to win? Yes. Did either team play their best hockey through 100% of the previous series? No.

But only one team swept their opponent...

Almost everyone here picked the Rangers?

3 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Almost everyone here picked the Rangers?

That doesn't really apply to what I said. Of course Ranger fans are going to pick the Rangers. But read the comments. Too many shook folks in the chat.

When the Rangers hoist the cup they will have beaten Carolina, Florida and whichever monster comes out of the West after a warm up "series" against the Capitals.  At that point maybe the rest of the league begins to give this team some props although I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Rangers in 6

We solve Freddie the same way we solved Charlie

• Believe 2