• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 WCQF: Stars vs. Golden Knights

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

9 minutes ago, siddious said:

With 6 minutes left in the first 🤣

I hate to say it but Dallas might be the most fun team to watch in the NHL

spacer.png

When the time comes and it is Dallas v. Edmonton, I'm not sure who I'll root for.

Maybe I’m biased because he’s the play-by-play guy on the radio for the Jets. But, Bob Wischusen is extremely good at doing hockey games too. Doing Game 2 of this series right now with Cally. A very good pair. He filled in for Sam a few times here and there back in the day on MSG Network. I actually think he had the call for Jagrs 600th NHL Goal. Maybe biased, but don’t think I am here. He’s good. And as a pair, they’re very good together.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Well, Dallas has somehow put themselves into a deep 0-2 hole here. Vegas is gonna bust a lot of brackets at this rate 😄 Dallas will simply have to find a way to win both games on the road.

The Vegas Golden Kircumvention go on the road and take 2 in Dallas. Some might say it’s shocking since Dallas is the 1 seed and Vegas is the 8 seed in the West. But, please. Enough with this narrative. 

Dallas was behind an 8-ball regardless. Vegas beat them all 3 games this year I believe. And now they just went from playing the Power Rangers after they morph into superheroes and fast forwarded right to the end of the episode where they’re now facing the Megazord. Bullshit.

If a player is on LTIR before the Trade Deadline and does not play in the final game of the regular season, they should not be permitted to play in at least the 1st Round of the playoffs.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Oettinger had another average night. He simply has to be better and steal one for Dallas to get back into this series. 

I didn’t watch too too much. But it was 3-1 with an empty net, no? I didn’t see the second VGK goal. But the first one was like a 2-on-0 with Eichel and Marchessault and Eichel just made an incredible play for a tip in for Marchessault. I’m not disagreeing overall, because he could have been better in Game 1. But tonight, 23 saves on 25 shots and your team only grabs 1 goal early in the 1st? Gonna take more from Dallas’ big guys to make a dent if they want to come back.

Just a bad matchup. Almost reminds me of 2015 when we were beating everyone left and right and the only team we had issues with all season and never beat was Tampa. And we know how that ended for us. Dallas may be on the same path against a team they are yet to beat thus far this entire season.

5 hours ago, Karan said:

Oettinger had another average night. He simply has to be better and steal one for Dallas to get back into this series. 

He's been pretty average most of the year. 

• Bullseye 1

6 hours ago, Karan said:

He had a .920 SV% and managed to come up with the 3rd star on NHL.com. Didn't see the game but must have done something right.

I think Vegas may ultimately be tougher for NYR than Dallas. Just a little heavier and meaner with plenty of firepower. DAL losing in the 1st round would send the analytics orthodoxy into a little bit of a crisis, and that can't be all bad. The swooning over them this season has been annoying.

27 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Once Chytil gets into a couple games, everyone will shut up.

Hopefully. 

I get the frustration, especially that it happens every year, but it's done and over with at this point. 

People also seem to forget that Vegas was a bubble team and they traded for a player who was hurt. There was no guarantee they would even make the playoffs when they made those moves. It's not like this was the first place team loading up. 

1 hour ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I think Vegas may ultimately be tougher for NYR than Dallas. Just a little heavier and meaner with plenty of firepower. DAL losing in the 1st round would send the analytics orthodoxy into a little bit of a crisis, and that can't be all bad. The swooning over them this season has been annoying.

Vegas completely schooled us in both meetings this year. I think you're absolutely right.

15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Vegas completely schooled us in both meetings this year. I think you're absolutely right.

This team didn't play Vegas this season.

Just now, Pete said:

This team didn't play Vegas this season.

True, although Vegas took it to us pretty good in both matchups, is all. I think they were playing pretty well when they played them the first time, but I don't remember. Second time was definitely when they were struggling. Still would probably be a better matchup right now than Dallas, though. Vegas still finds a way to be a pain in the ass, though. lol

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

True, although Vegas took it to us pretty good in both matchups, is all. I think they were playing pretty well when they played them the first time, but I don't remember. Second time was definitely when they were struggling. Still would probably be a better matchup right now than Dallas, though. Vegas still finds a way to be a pain in the ass, though. lol

The first game the Rangers still had Bonino, Wheeler, and Pitlick in the lineup. Brodzinski, too. The second game was the first home game after the west coast trip.

I'm not saying Vegas isn't concerning, I'm saying it's not apples to apples.

Just now, Pete said:

The first game the Rangers still had Bonino, Wheeler, and Pitlick in the lineup. Brodzinski, too. The second game was the first home game after the west coast trip.

I'm not saying Vegas isn't concerning, I'm saying it's not apples to apples.

Indeed. It's amazing how much dead weight they had in the lineup at once there for awhile. Ugh.

• Bullseye 1

I watched this game, Dallas looks like shit I have no idea why they are the first seed. Puts some perspective on how blessed we are every game to watch the Rangers almost never lose control of the puck unless they dump it or shoot it.