• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

One-on-one With Artemi Panarin

7 minutes ago, Br4d said:

How do you adjust to your best players taking the series off?

Do you really think that suddenly making changes to the Rangers plays and play pattern would have done anything when the same guys who starred during the regular season for the Rangers went missing?

I think you can make an argument that the Rangers weren't playing all that well despite their record.  They lost the season series to the Devils and then they lost a playoff series to the Devils and they did this based on the talent on the team and how they showed during those games.

What happened in the playoffs last year was a symptom of the things he failed to do for 2 years.

Thats just when it caught up to him.

Despite terrible series from most of their best players, the Devils still needed 7 games.

He had to make enough adjustments to find a way to win 1 game.

He was unable to do so. 

Now do they still have flaws?

Yes.

But they’re better now. And it’s hit me over the head kind of obvious.

Listen to the people who cover the team.

They talk all the time about the night and day difference now.

They practice a lot.

Theyre prepared 

They have a system and structure and while some of the same problems plague them, they’ve fixed or improved upon some as well. 

If you just have no hope for this team and want to say how they have no chance with this group… 2 things then.

Stop watching
Stop posting

You're misunderstanding my position.  It has nothing to do with the current team.  It has everything to do with a coach who got 217 points in back-to-back seasons being the scapegoat for a GM who was in a rush to nowhere and a few vets who definitely thought they were better than they were and played like it.

Was GG a great coach?

Definitely not.

But you can't fire your stars.  You can fire your coach.

Edited by Br4d
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

You're misunderstanding my position.  It has nothing to do with the current team.  It has everything to do with a coach who got 217 points in back-to-back seasons being the scapegoat for a GM who was in a rush to nowhere and a few vets who definitely thought they were better than they were and played like it.

Was GG a great coach?

Definitely not.

Ok.

Well now this group, under 2 coaches, has 150+ wins and just had the best season in Franchise history.

So… this group has to be pretty good.

And I’d say the guy who helped put it together is pretty good too.

Not sure what the knock is on Drury or what issue you have there or why?

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Was GG a great coach?

Definitely not.

So your argument is that 7 or 8 of the best players on the team happened to go dark at the same time, and the coach was powerless?

It's just a giant coincidence that they all got bad? 

It couldn't possibly be any type of systemic problem? 

Frankly my man, that's just absurd. 

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

So your argument is that 7 or 8 of the best players on the team happened to go dark at the same time, and the coach was powerless?

It's just a giant coincidence that they all got bad? 

It couldn't possibly be any type of systemic problem? 

Frankly my man, that's just absurd. 

It was a seven game series.  The Rangers best players mostly went blank after game two.

There was no system you could hand players like Panarin, Zibanejad and Fox on the fly to fix what was wrong.

"They knew what they had to do.  They just didn't do it."

To his credit Panarin took a long look at what went wrong in that series and decided to be part of the solution.  More shots, taking responsibility for driving his line by scoring goals, working in the slot much more often than he had previously.

Edited by Br4d

58 minutes ago, Br4d said:

It was a seven game series.  The Rangers best players mostly went blank after game two.

There was no system you could hand players like Panarin, Zibanejad and Fox on the fly to fix what was wrong.

"They knew what they had to do.  They just didn't do it."

To his credit Panarin took a long look at what went wrong in that series and decided to be part of the solution.  More shots, taking responsibility for driving his line by scoring goals, working in the slot much more often than he had previously.

Well, apparently they didn't know what they had to do. So they all did their own thing.

That's what happens when the coach doesn't talk to the players. That's what happens when the Coach doesn't run the practice.

Yes Panarin and decided he needed to change his game, but he's not doing anything Gallant told him to do. Because all Gallant was telling him was to get pucks deep.

This is one of the most affable guys on the team and he won't even discuss the previous coach. That, to me, says a lot. 

23 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

This team has a much larger concern about their top players disappearing. I don’t trust Panarin at all, and he’ll be gripping his stick tighter more than ever.

I don’t think it’ll be a big issue against the Capitals, but for any team they would face after this round, I would expect Panarin to be on a milk carton again.

If Panarin gets rolling through this series, I see no stopping him.  They have enough firepower to off-set any mugging of 10.    Step in Laffy's breakout series.   C'mon Brooks, this team is going to gel and make a run.  Paddle with me .......

• Believe 1