• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will Likely Begin Playoffs Next Sunday

8 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Guess I’ll be watching on my phone in the stands at my daughters soccer game

I know how that works.

You're gonna be cheering and whooping and hollering while nothing is happening on the field.  Your daughter is going to be like "Dad! You're embarrassing me!!!"

1 minute ago, Abe Froman said:

Forgive my ignorance, and a few glasses of "Cab". Who would they play if the season ended today?

WC2 - Caps. 

X9Ocmc4.png

Edited by phillyb
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

You know, it's not unprecedented to have a Knicks game and a Rangers game at MSG on the same day, one around Noon / 1, and the other at night.

Not saying that would happen, just saying potentially it could.

Doubt it with the playoffs. Not that it would be optimal in the regular season, but imagine if the Knicks end up going multiple OTs and it delays a NHL playoff game start? That’s just one of several factors. I’m imagining that they wouldn’t do this during the playoffs when other options, like playing Sunday, exist.

9 hours ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

You know, it's not unprecedented to have a Knicks game and a Rangers game at MSG on the same day, one around Noon / 1, and the other at night.

Not saying that would happen, just saying potentially it could.

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Doubt it with the playoffs. Not that it would be optimal in the regular season, but imagine if the Knicks end up going multiple OTs and it delays a NHL playoff game start? That’s just one of several factors. I’m imagining that they wouldn’t do this during the playoffs when other options, like playing Sunday, exist.

They really try to avoid that type of thing now, league wide, in all the cities that have NBA and NHL teams in the same arena. Even in the regular season.

It tends to make the ice not so good. 

15 hours ago, phillyb said:

I was joking lol. I assume (read: hope) there won’t be any fucking afternoon games in the playoffs. 

A home afternoon game might be my only chance to see a playoff game at a decent price so I would not mind if I'm able to go haha

Garden ice has historically been at its worst when the Rangers and Knicks are both in the playoffs and scheduling must be done on the fly rather than as an organized process.  God, it was even worse when they had the circus that time of year as well.  More than one knee injury resulted at the worst time possible.

• Bullseye 1