• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 NCAA Tournament

Watched Michigan-North Dakota last night and was impressed at the speed and talent of both teams. It seemed like higher quality play than you would have found 4-5 years ago, which is probably the last time I focused on the Frozen Four. Is there a general sense that the top end of NCAA D1 play has gotten higher or is it just a geezer's distorted perception?

And how about Perrault going headhunting? He's not exactly 6'8", 240. I dare say he's lucky it's a single elimination tourney.

On 3/30/2024 at 2:08 PM, RodrigueGabriel said:

Watched Michigan-North Dakota last night and was impressed at the speed and talent of both teams. It seemed like higher quality play than you would have found 4-5 years ago, which is probably the last time I focused on the Frozen Four. Is there a general sense that the top end of NCAA D1 play has gotten higher or is it just a geezer's distorted perception?

And how about Perrault going headhunting? He's not exactly 6'8", 240. I dare say he's lucky it's a single elimination tourney.

I was thinking the same thing. I only casually watch the NCAA, but the level of hockey, especially from the top-ends of the lineup, seems extremely dynamic and fast. Still tons of mistakes and suspect goaltending, which helps the fun along.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 10:08 AM, RodrigueGabriel said:

NCAA has definitely improved exponentially the last 20 years. 
1- explosion of USA hockey 

2- more top prospects going the way of USHL and NCAA vs CHL 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, siddious said:

BC loses to Denver 2-0. Obviously no points for our boy. 

ive seen him play a handful of times now. Skating isn’t a strength but I think it’s over blown as a knock on him.

Right. Isn't a strength but doesn't hurt him.

He was the most dangerous player with the puck on either team. Deception and creativity were off the charts. He never made the same play with the puck twice. Totally unpredictable. 

He's a crafty player. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pete said:

Right. Isn't a strength but doesn't hurt him.

He was the most dangerous player with the puck on either team. Deception and creativity were off the charts. He never made the same play with the puck twice. Totally unpredictable. 

He's a crafty player. 

I assume we sign him in the next couple of days 

28 minutes ago, siddious said:

I assume we sign him in the next couple of days 

He's a freshman, I don't think that's going to happen. I think he should actually stay there another couple years. 

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's a freshman, I don't think that's going to happen. I think he should actually stay there another couple years. 

You’re right i had for some reason thought he was drafted 2 drafts ago but it was the last one.