• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Wilson Assesssed Double Minor on Stick-swinging; Suspension Coming?

"Here, have a stick swing to the face!"   "...Oh shit!!  Dude, I'm so sorry!"

Bi-polar much, Tom? 

Jesus....you can't fucking do that, man! 

Can you even be suspended if it wasn't a major?  And how is that NOT a major???????  If that was Rempe, he'd be up against a fucking firing squad!!  Tom Wilson is also a repeat offender...MANY TIMES!  

• Keeps it 100 1

How do you swing your stick so recklessly like that, in the direction where you're looking (It's not like he can say he didn't see the guy), and then act concerned about the outcome?

That's just a totally bizarre sequence to me. 

Trouba's I could see how it was an accident, or at worst "accidentally on purpose". (I still think he should have been suspended for it. You're responsible for your stick and your actions.)

This, I have no idea what Wilson is doing. There's no reason to swing his stick the way he did. 

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

"Here, have a stick swing to the face!"   "...Oh shit!!  Dude, I'm so sorry!"

Bi-polar much, Tom? 

Jesus....you can't fucking do that, man! 

Can you even be suspended if it wasn't a major?  And how is that NOT a major???????  If that was Rempe, he'd be up against a fucking firing squad!!  Tom Wilson is also a repeat offender...MANY TIMES!  

You can be suspended for anything: 

- Plays that don't have penalties called in game

- Plays that have penalties called in game

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

That's just dumb. He swung that stick like a whip at a guys face as he was holding onto him. That's rough. He will get a couple games for that; he hit the guy from behind a bit and then the stick swing. I bet he gets two games.

19 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

If Trouba didnt get suspended for swinging his stick against Trent Frederic, then I don't see Wilson getting suspended for the same thing.  $5000 fine, maximum allowed under the CBA

I think Trouba was a bit different because Frederic was holding Troubas stick.

He was clearly trying to give him a good whack across the body. Between 8 and 9 seconds you can see Gregor dip down and unfortunately caught it with his face.

1 game for being stupid with the stick, but I'm not buying any kind of intent to stick him in the face.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

He was clearly trying to give him a good whack across the body. Between 8 and 9 seconds you can see Gregor dip down and unfortunately caught it with his face.

1 game for being stupid with the stick, but I'm not buying any kind of intent to stick him in the face.

This. I really don’t want to give Wilson the benefit of the doubt in any situation, but this actually didn’t look like he ment to do what he ended up doing. My guess is he wanted to catch him in the legs or lower body, but it got awkward cause he swung so hard.

Won’t cry if he gets 10 games tho.

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This. I really don’t want to give Wilson the benefit of the doubt in any situation, but this actually didn’t look like he ment to do what he ended up doing. My guess is he wanted to catch him in the legs or lower body, but it got awkward cause he swung so hard.

Won’t cry if he gets 10 games tho.

Intent to whack across the body is not a good mitigating argument. The puck was no where near. He may get more than I originally expected.

22 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Intent to whack across the body is not a good mitigating argument. The puck was no where near. He may get more than I originally expected.

I think there’s a grand canyon difference between slashing a player’s body, and swinging at their head.

• Bullseye 1

59 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think there’s a grand canyon difference between slashing a player’s body, and swinging at their head.

Oh yea, 100%, but it doesn't change the fact that your trying to mitigate an illegal action with another illegal action. 

That's like someone trying to intimidate someone with a firearm and it accidentally goes off and injures them and saying..."I only meant to scare him!!"

We shall see how it goes!

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Oh yea, 100%, but it doesn't change the fact that your trying to mitigate an illegal action with another illegal action. 

That's like someone trying to intimidate someone with a firearm and it accidentally goes off and injures them and saying..."I only meant to scare him!!"

We shall see how it goes!

Yea, it's this. Even if that player dipped a little bit, that stick was already up by his armpits, so what the hell is Wilson swinging it? Certainly wasn't his hands. Could be that the whole thing was just reckless, but you're responsible for your stick.

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

He should just go in and ask how many games because there’s honestly nothing in his favor to defend himself there. I have no idea what he was doing. 

If i had to guess, he will try to say that Noah Gregor nearly hit him with a high stick just as he was about to whack him across the mid section.  Not justifying it, but id bet that will be his explanation 

I'll go with 7-8 for Wilson. At the same time it's crazy Trouba didn't get suspended for his. Not saying he should of gotten 7-8 or even comparing the two. Our guy or not it was hard to figure Trouba getting an entirely free pass.

Not sure Wilson has a leg to stand on here.