• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Wilson Assesssed Double Minor on Stick-swinging; Suspension Coming?

18 hours ago, Keirik said:

If i had to guess, he will try to say that Noah Gregor nearly hit him with a high stick just as he was about to whack him across the mid section.  Not justifying it, but id bet that will be his explanation 

Yeah, you can see Wilson's head snap back a little because Gregor's stick was close to hitting him. Doesn't justify the action or anything, but looks like that's what happened here.

CGzzRJN.png

^Here it looks like he's swinging for the lower body
PAIoLwi.png

Here you can see his head snapped back a little and his hand goes higher at the same time, making so the stick the flies straight up.

I don't know why I'm trying to defend Tom Wilson but his reaction seemed honest and even if he might be the biggest a-hole in the league, I don't think he would do something like this on purpose.

• Keeps it 100 1

33 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah, you can see Wilson's head snap back a little because Gregor's stick was close to hitting him. Doesn't justify the action or anything, but looks like that's what happened here.

CGzzRJN.png

^Here it looks like he's swinging for the lower body
PAIoLwi.png

Here you can see his head snapped back a little and his hand goes higher at the same time, making so the stick the flies straight up.

I don't know why I'm trying to defend Tom Wilson but his reaction seemed honest and even if he might be the biggest a-hole in the league, I don't think he would do something like this on purpose.

Gregor's stick tapped Wilson's chin if you watch the replay (or close to). Wilson swung that baby with intent to smack him hard but I'll agree, he most likely didn't mean to hatchet him in the face.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1770858978802651611?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1770858978802651611|twgr^6a09c739147bd83bfcc35ba35a43b01f844e29fb|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thescore.com%2F

Edited by jsm7302

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Each game suspended carries about the same weight of being suspended for a playoff game. The Caps are right on the playoff bubble. 3 points out, but 2 games in hand.

It's what makes this so incredibly selfish of him. He truly is a unicorn. But in more than one way. 

29 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Heavy repeat offender tax applied

Correct but rIghtly so imo, poor timing considering where they are in the standings. I guess he'll appeal he's got nothing to lose, except the appeal.  Damn it though I wish he was ours in the past. Still think he deserved what he got even if he were wearing red and blue now.

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the Caps miss the playoffs by one point and having it be on Tom Wilson.

Why? Playing the Caps in round 1 would be a dream come true. They are held together with bandaids. 

• Keeps it 100 1