• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Golden Knights Suspiciously Place Alec Martinez on IR With 'Undisclosed Injury'

He just played 17 minutes the other night. It’s absurd.

Fuck it. Place Goodrow on IR with an undisclosed injury.

By the way, this comes on the heels of reports of Vegas now having substantial interest in trading for Noah Hanifin. You can’t blame fans for thinking that this whole operation is shady. Because this is very shady.

Edited by RichieNextel305

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I understand why injuries aren't made available to the press to make public.  But surely injuries have to be reported to the league office no?  At the very least to keep teams from the alleged tampering that this seems like?

According to Friedman, the league has been looking into these situations. They're definitely monitoring the medical reports.

Stone went on IR with a ruptured spleen. There is no timetable for that. Yet people were up in arms over it. 

I'll wait to hear what the Martinez injury is.

I do find it hilarious that people get so upset about this. Don't get upset at Vegas, get upset at your own GM for not doing the same thing. 

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

According to Friedman, the league has been looking into these situations. They're definitely monitoring the medical reports.

Stone went on IR with a ruptured spleen. There is no timetable for that. Yet people were up in arms over it. 

I'll wait to hear what the Martinez injury is.

I do find it hilarious that people get so upset about this. Don't get upset at Vegas, get upset at your own GM for not doing the same thing. 

I don’t see why it’s hilarious.  How is it fair to play a team that is not cap compliant in the playoffs by a very large margin.  

10 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I don’t see why it’s hilarious.  How is it fair to play a team that is not cap compliant in the playoffs by a very large margin.  

It's not. So your GM should do the same thing Vegas is doing. 

I don't understand why any fans get so bent out of shape about this. It's hockey. Guys are regularly playing hurt so there likely are a handful of players on most teams that routinely would be eligible to take a break from an injury that isn't a day or two to fully heal. Good for teams that have built a culture where players are allowed to recover and also benefit the team at the same time prior to the playoffs. Is it a bit  of circumvention? Sure. And? There's nothing suspicious about it to be honest. They are doing it out in the open with medical backing. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

It's not. So your GM should do the same thing Vegas is doing. 

Yup. 100%. If it's legal, take it to the nth degree. Banners fly forever, cap hits are temporary.

On a related note, Jacob Trouba was looking super limpy the other day, no?

Just now, LindG1000 said:

Yup. 100%. If it's legal, take it to the nth degree. Banners fly forever, cap hits are temporary.

On a related note, Jacob Trouba was looking super limpy the other day, no?

I bet if you went around the league and took MRI/scans of a large portion of the entire league, you could find tears, breaks, issues with many players that doctors would sign off on being long term recovery. Some teams play checkers, some teams play chess.

Knight me bitch. 

• LMFAO 1

4 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

It has nothing to do with my GM

I don't mean you specifically, I mean anybody's who's upset over it. 

But also if you're upset over it, then you too lol. 

3 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I just don’t see teams using LTIR when it’s not necessary, Vegas included.  My problem is with the rule itself.  I don’t question the injuries

But what other way could they do it? If you're a cap team and you loose a $5M player are you supposed to just play a guy short? Dress your 13th forward who makes the league minimum? How's that fair? If it wasn't done this way teams would just leave their own cushion and not spend to the cap. It defeats the purpose of competitive balance.

If a player is not playing games for you, they shouldn't be on your cap. 

14 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He just played 17 minutes the other night. It’s absurd.

Fuck it. Place Goodrow on IR with an undisclosed injury.

By the way, this comes on the heels of reports of Vegas now having substantial interest in trading for Noah Hanifin. You can’t blame fans for thinking that this whole operation is shady. Because this is very shady.

This is ridiculous and I bet the league gets involved.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

But what other way could they do it? If you're a cap team and you loose a $5M player are you supposed to just play a guy short? Dress your 13th forward who makes the league minimum? How's that fair? If it wasn't done this way teams would just leave their own cushion and not spend to the cap. It defeats the purpose of competitive balance.

If a player is not playing games for you, they shouldn't be on your cap. 

I’m not saying that, I’m saying a team should have a cap compliant roster.  You want to trade for these guys, no problem.  When your other players return, make sure your roster each night is compliant.  Competitive balance should be in the playoffs as well

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I’m not saying that, I’m saying a team should have a cap compliant roster.  You want to trade for these guys, no problem.  When your other players return, make sure your roster each night is compliant.

Oh, you're saying the cap should exist in the postseason. I can see that argument. 

The only reason it doesn't is because players don't get paid in the postseason, so salary is not an issue to be discussed.

But I get what you're coming from. 

• Cheers 1

They're playing within the current rules and until the rules change why should they stop.  They're playing chess while most of the rest are choosing to stick to checkers.  I'm sure they sleep just fine at knight too, especially under that banner.

The frustrating part is we and others sweat every dollar when clearly there's a better way at least until things change.

• Keeps it 100 1

What the league should do IMO for the next CBA is if someone goes on LTIR, they have to play 1 game before the season ends to be eligible to play in the playoffs, if not then they miss the 1st round, then can be eligible to return for round 2+.