• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dolan Doesn't Want Rangers Trading 2024 1st Round Pick Because Draft Will Be at Sphere in Vegas; Brooks Claims Rumor Is False

By the way, the Rangers’ first-rounder is in play. There has been no edict delivered from chairman Jim Dolan to Drury not to trade the pick because the draft is going to be held at The Sphere and Dolan wants his team to be up on stage to make a splash at his world-renowned entertainment facility. The concept is ludicrous. More to the point, it has zero validity.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/08/sports/rangers-bottom-six-makes-big-statement-in-hard-fought-win/

Brooksie claiming Dregers report is false in his latest article in the Post.

Edited by RichieNextel305

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Dolan Doesn't Want Rangers Trading 2024 1st Round Pick Because Draft Will Be at Sphere in Vegas; Brooks Claims Rumor Is False

While I tend to agree that there's no UFA currently listed that I'd use my 1st round pick on exclusively, what if it was in a package deal? How would y'all feel if it was 1st pick + assets (not named Othman) to Anaheim for both Henrique & Vatrano? Honestly I'm not *totally* against it, depnding on the assets.

I don't want to trade a 1st for a third line center when that line actually looks pretty good at the moment.  It may be looking like a wing for Zib is a bigger priority.  Give it a few weeks.