• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Smith Entertainment Group Asks NHL for Expansion to Utah

6 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Wow.  Can you imagine substituting "Jews" or "Muslims" for "Mormon's"?  Mormons were probably the most persecuted religious group in American history.  That's how they ended up in Utah.

Mormons are a dangerous fundamentalist religious group. And many of there members still practice polygamy and child marriage, and that’s not just people outside the community of LDS as they’d like you to believe. It’s a very common thing and it occurs with prominent members of that Church. 

But I’ll acknowledge it was a bit insensitive. 

Im just no fan of fundamentalists. I worked for Scientologists for many years. 

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Mormons are a dangerous fundamentalist religious group. And many of there members still practice polygamy and child marriage, and that’s not just people outside the community of LDS as they’d like you to believe. It’s a very common thing and it occurs with prominent members of that Church. 

But I’ll acknowledge it was a bit insensitive. 

Im just no fan of fundamentalists. I worked for Scientologists for many years. 

I don't know the basis for your statement that it's "not just people outside the community of LDS as they'd like you to believe."  You have Muslim extremists, who may even represent a larger faction than polygamists among Mormons, committing terrorist acts.  So on that basis are you prepared inveigh against Muslims they way you did Mormons?  I'm non-PC and non-woke, but it amazes me how certain groups, like Mormons and poor rural white folks are deemed by some to be subject to disparagement that people wouldn't dare direct at most groups.

3 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I don't know the basis for your statement that it's "not just people outside the community of LDS as they'd like you to believe."  You have Muslim extremists, who may even represent a larger faction than polygamists among Mormons, committing terrorist acts.  So on that basis are you prepared inveigh against Muslims they way you did Mormons?  I'm non-PC and non-woke, but it amazes me how certain groups, like Mormons and poor rural white folks are deemed by some to be subject to disparagement that people wouldn't dare direct at most groups.

Years ago, I worked for a drug rehabilitation company.

I had a client there, who had been in an accident, and got addicted to painkillers.

He was a Mormon, from SLC, and eventually became a Bishop in the Church of LDS. Obviously I cannot say his name. 
He left the church there not too long ago due to those things I mentioned. 

He imparted to me much of what I know of the underbelly of that organization… that there’s a lot of corruption and some very horrible practices that go on within that community. Lots of coverups and they get away with it because the community tends to be very closed. Moreover, there are high-ranking officials in the Church as well as wealthy members who donate big money, who not only coverup those things I mentioned, but practice them.

The Church of LDS repeatedly says that individuals who do those things are people outside the actual community of the church and practice this independently, and that simply isn’t true. It goes on within the Church and it’s an open secret. 

We are talking polygamy and child marriage, which is in essence a form of rape and sex trafficking. 
They lie about it. Cover it up. And hide behind a veil of faith and piety. And they use that, coupled with their wealth and prominence to do so.

I would say that deserves at least a modicum of disparagement or derision. 

You don't think you could find Muslims or Jews with bad stories about their co-religionists?  Especially conservative and orthodox sects.  Okay, it's fine by you to disparage Mormons but not other religions.

Mitt Romney, a Mormon, got about 45 percent of the vote running for President, so at least a good chunk of the population does not share your prejudice.

16 hours ago, Sod16 said:

You don't think you could find Muslims or Jews with bad stories about their co-religionists?  Especially conservative and orthodox sects.  Okay, it's fine by you to disparage Mormons but not other religions.

Mitt Romney, a Mormon, got about 45 percent of the vote running for President, so at least a good chunk of the population does not share your prejudice.

Of course we could

And extremely conservative and fundamentalist sects of any religion are typically dangerous.

For what it’s worth, I’ve known decent Mormons too. 

My point was that there’s a very dangerous group of elites at or near the top of that particular religion.

Is that also true of other religions? Yes.

I don’t feel like speaking the truth about something is necessarily a bullet proof vest, but I don’t feel it makes one prejudiced or bigoted either. 

The family that’s a part of this has pretty close ties to people who have done sone of the things I’ve mentioned.