• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kakko Suffers Left Leg Injury; Placed on LTIR

Phil

4 hours ago, siddious said:

Can they send him to Hartford on a “conditioning stint” when he gets back?

Yes, if he agrees to it. Not sure he'll need it, though. Odds are he'll just get a bunch of practices in, then step in when docs say he's good to go.

I mean, what's the difference between coming in cold and coming in after playing a couple games in the A? Same goose eggs either way. 🤣

• LMFAO 1

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes, if he agrees to it. Not sure he'll need it, though. Odds are he'll just get a bunch of practices in, then step in when docs say he's good to go.

I mean, what's the difference between coming in cold and coming in after playing a couple games in the A? Same goose eggs either way. 🤣

It would be more to get him some confidence under the guise of getting in shape. His ego isn’t hurt and everyone wins. 

• 2 weeks later...

I figured it was an ACL injury when I saw it happen. Instantly the mind usually goes to a tear with sports, which is surgery and a year recovery, but maybe he just sprained it. There’s different timetables depending on the severity of the sprain. A grade 1 or 2 sprain takes about 6 weeks to get to full strength. He’s at 5 1/2 weeks now.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Keeps it 100 1

25 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I figured it was an ACL injury when I saw it happen. Instantly the mind usually goes to a tear with sports, which is surgery and a year recovery, but maybe he just sprained it. There’s different timetables depending on the severity of the sprain. A grade 1 or 2 sprain takes about 6 weeks to get to full strength. He’s at 5 1/2 weeks now.

It totally looked like he tore that the night it happened. 

I think your guess is probably correct. Likely a sprain of one of the ligaments in there.

If he’s practicing, albeit non-contact, and he’s been skating on his own for a while, he’s gotta be relatively close to a return.

45 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think you're right, my man.  I'm no doctor, but I was kinda thinking along the same lines.  I know it's probably not going to make him any faster, but a full recovery from the sprain is less debilitating over the long haul.  I just can't wait to get him back.  He was playing pretty well when he went down.

I think he had a goal in that game or the game before if I remember correctly.

whats the deal with the NHL being so secretive about the nature of players injuries - certainly more so than the other major sports, it seems.

its kind of juvenile...'belichik' like