• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Red Wings Sign Patrick Kane to 1-year/$2.75m Deal

Phil

40 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Stinks

I wasnt on the train for wanting him back but to be fair; give the guy some runway to get going....a month perhaps and then reassess.

It was well known prior to him coming back that this surgery seems to be a career ender for athletes playing contact sports outside of tennis/golf/pingpong. Time will tell.

It's always best to judge a player off a 7 game sample size, especially when he missed training camp.

Let's also just ignore that the Wings are missing Larkin and Perron... That couldn't possibly part of why their recent record is suffering. 

• Bullseye 1

On 12/24/2023 at 7:17 AM, Pete said:

Kane with 10 pts in 10 GP, 3 straight multi points games. 

He totally "stinks". 🤣

He's done! No one can come back from resurfacing! 

I honestly dont remember anyone saying he really "stinks" as much as I remember a lot of high risk talk and not "the top 6 we need here" talk including from yourself really. Let's be realistic here, no?

17 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I honestly dont remember anyone saying he really "stinks" as much as I remember a lot of high risk talk and not "the top 6 we need here" talk including from yourself really. Let's be realistic here, no?

• LMFAO 1

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

And you said this. And?

I don't know, and what? You're the one bringing it up. You came at me and said "nobody said he stinks", I quite clearly show you somebody who did. I don't understand how that's not the end of it. 

On 12/24/2023 at 1:20 PM, Pete said:

Way to walk it back. 

Walk what back? I've been clear as crystal on this from day one. I didn't want him back for two reasons:

1. No one to this point has ever come back from this. Prior to Kane, this has been a career death sentence.

2. They had no cap room to sign him.

What, exactly, am I walking back here? I'm both happy for him that he appears to be bucking the trend, but I don't think I was wrong to have serious reservations about a major surgery that up to this point has killed the career of every athlete who's undergone it.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't know, and what? You're the one bringing it up. You came at me and said "nobody said he stinks", I quite clearly show you somebody who did. I don't understand how that's not the end of it. 

I'm not sure how "i came at you" but I digress. I'm not sure what healthy conversation you're looking to have here when you randomly start this at 7am on Christmas Eve. Even you yourself had serious reservations about him coming here. Do you actually think the guy that runs this site and pays attention to the sport for decades really believes Patrick Kane stinks? I said lets be realistic. I'm pretty sure we both know that no one here, or at least no one that's been here for decades, believes Patrick Kane stinks. The question really has always been to decide if he was worth the risk considering the track record of his injury and surgery. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Walk what back? I've been clear as crystal on this from day one. I didn't want him back for two reasons:

1. No one to this point has ever come back from this. Prior to Kane, this has been a career death sentence.

2. They had no cap room to sign him.

What, exactly, am I walking back here? I'm both happy for him that he appears to be bucking the trend, but I don't think I was wrong to have serious reservations about a major surgery that up to this point has killed the career of every athlete who's undergone it.

There were a lot of people, yourself included, who were ignoring the reasons why nobody ever made it back. That information has been pretty clearly laid out.

There were plenty of reasons to have an open mind about it and a lot of people's minds were closed based on narrow information. 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I'm not sure how "i came at you" but I digress. I'm not sure what healthy conversation you're looking to have here when you randomly start this at 7am on Christmas Eve. Even you yourself had serious reservations about him coming here. Do you actually think the guy that runs this site and pays attention to the sport for decades really believes Patrick Kane stinks? I said lets be realistic. I'm pretty sure we both know that no one here, or at least no one that's been here for decades, believes Patrick Kane stinks. The question really has always been to decide if he was worth the risk considering the track record of his injury and surgery. 

I think you should go back and read who's posting what. I don't even know what you're talking about.... running the site for decades? 

Who cares what time I'm posting? What does that have to do with anything. 7:00 a.m. on Christmas Eve means I can't post? What does that have to do with anything being discussed here? And if you weren't sure what healthy conversation could be had, you didn't have to reply. You made that choice.

Somebody clearly posted in this thread that Kane stinks... I rebutted with some stats that say it's clearly not the case. This happens here everyday. I don't even know why you got involved, but when you try to say "nobody said he stinks", and I literally posted the proof that somebody did say that, the conversation should be over as far as I'm concerned. You jumped into something You didn't need to, and you were wrong. Just let it go. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I think you should go back and read who's posting what. I don't even know what you're talking about.... running the site for decades? 

Who cares what time I'm posting? What does that have to do with anything. 7:00 a.m. on Christmas Eve means I can't post? What does that have to do with anything being discussed here? And if you weren't sure what healthy conversation could be had, you didn't have to reply. You made that choice.

Somebody clearly posted in this thread that Kane stinks... I rebutted with some stats that say it's clearly not the case. This happens here everyday. I don't even know why you got involved, but when you try to say "nobody said he stinks", and I literally posted the proof that somebody did say that, the conversation should be over as far as I'm concerned. You jumped into something You didn't need to, and you were wrong. Just let it go. 

Well, im not sure why I need to justify where and when i respond. As for the comment about the guy running the site. i was mistaken about that. I thought it was Phil that made the comment. Guess it was actually Brooks wh is another long time user. My apologizes. Point really is the same but whatever. As i said, hindsight is an amazing tool. Have fun with your incredibly fun crusade on pointing out every wrong post.  

It just seems like an extremely petty thing to do bordering on trolling but you just keep being you. Hindsight is an amazing tool. Most, including yourself didn't want him here. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.