• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Are Your Worries or Concerns?

5 hours ago, lefty9 said:

Chytil health concerns me 

Kakko Is also a big  concern or big disappointment 

I think those are more than fair. Offset somewhat by Laf's huge step forward.

- Panarin needs to not waver at all from his mentality of shooting first and playing in the center of the ice the rest of the way out (especially the playoffs). I think his play has benefitted Laf's tremendously. They've been a great combination

- Quick I think will come back to earth and land as an average backup, hopefully he doesn't fall further.  (yeah Benny's here.......)

- Jones is a weak link imo, a concern in the playoffs

So far so really really good. Avoid major injuries, pray Wheeler can go the distance, Drury makes a smart but not desperate add at the TDL and I like our chances going in, alot.

-

4 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

Not worried about the regular season at all, but how the way they play will eventually translate to the Playoffs, especially considering they are still struggeling at 5v5.

Except they aren't.

October (9 GP): GF - 12 (tied 26th)

November (10 GP):  GF - 25 (tied 13th)

VAN is 5th this month with 29 in 3 more GP.  With the Rangers scoring 2.5 5v5 GPG you'd expect they'd be top 5 in the league if they played the same amount of games.

30 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I think those are more than fair. Offset somewhat by Laf's huge step forward.

- Panarin needs to not waver at all from his mentality of shooting first and playing in the center of the ice the rest of the way out (especially the playoffs). I think his play has benefitted Laf's tremendously. They've been a great combination

- Quick I think will come back to earth and land as an average backup, hopefully he doesn't fall further.  (yeah Benny's here.......)

- Jones is a weak link imo, a concern in the playoffs

So far so really really good. Avoid major injuries, pray Wheeler can go the distance, Drury makes a smart but not desperate add at the TDL and I like our chances going in, alot.

-

If Jones even sniffs the playoffs, that's a huge problem to me. The only instance that occurs if there are injuries then.

4 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Except they aren't.

October (9 GP): GF - 12 (tied 26th)

November (10 GP):  GF - 25 (tied 13th)

VAN is 5th this month with 29 in 3 more GP.  With the Rangers scoring 2.5 5v5 GPG you'd expect they'd be top 5 in the league if they played the same amount of games.

So there's a positive trend then, that is nice. I was just looking at Phils numbers I think.

Probably that I'm still not convinced this team has the personalities to lean on when the going gets tough in the playoffs. It's unquestionably a very good team, fairly balanced and I'd say without many obvious holes in the lineup. Certainly, none that can't be addressed at the deadline. But if I'm going out of my way to find things to worry about, which you must as a Rangers fan, I'm worried too many of their best players are fair weather guys, streaky and not really the types to put the team on their backs when things look bleak. And that is basically a requirement for any successful Stanley Cup run.

Edited by Gravesy