• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #2] Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets — Actually, It's Indigenous Peoples' Blue Jackets

Morphinity 2.0

Was afraid something like Lindgren out was going to happen…it sounds all great when everyone is blocking shots, but the long term effects are a season of injuries for all the players not paid to block shots, negatively affecting their play in the end…I’m still conflicted about the whole blocking shots thing…there are times when it’s absolutely necessary; other times, you need to clear a passage for the goalie to get a bead on it and let him do what he’s paid for…

Edited by Pistol Pete

Just now, Pistol Pete said:

Was afraid something like Lindgren out was going to happen…it sounds ll great when everyone is blocking shots, but the long term effects are a season of injuries for all the players not paid to block shots…I’m still conflicted about the whole blocking shots thing…there are times when it’s absolutely necessary; other times, you need to clear a passage for the goalie to get a bead on it and let him do what he’s paid for…

I don’t think this like a Torts system that demands it. Laviolette likes having guys in position to clog lanes. Torts liked having multiple goalies on the ice.

Just now, Pistol Pete said:

Was afraid something like Lindgren out was going to happen…it sounds ll great when everyone is blocking shots, but the long term effects are a season of injuries for all the players not paid to block shots…I’m still conflicted about the whole blocking shots thing…there are times when it’s absolutely necessary; other times, you need to clear a passage for the goalie to get a bead on it and let him do what he’s paid for…

That's basically the point Vally was making in the post-game the other night. He figured it would become a problem a few months into the season but here we're already seeing the results of it lol They might definitely need to make some adjustments as it's not sustainable over the course of 82 games and if you want to be healthy for a long playoff run.

1 minute ago, Pistol Pete said:

Was afraid something like Lindgren out was going to happen…it sounds all great when everyone is blocking shots, but the long term effects are a season of injuries for all the players not paid to block shots, negatively affecting their play in the end…I’m still conflicted about the whole blocking shots thing…there are times when it’s absolutely necessary; other times, you need to clear a passage for the goalie to get a bead on it and let him do what he’s paid for…

Yeah, Lindgren gets banged up enough even without blocking shots.

Edited by Sharpshooter