• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Zadina, 2018 6th Overall Draft Pick, Put on Unconditional Waivers for Purposes of Contract Termination

17 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Yzerman has a 40 year reputation as being a dick and not being particularly well liked. 

Scotty Bowman almost traded him to Ottawa for God’s sake. 

I worked for years with a guy that knew him. Personally. I can give you his name in a private message. This guy, a former profess Player, knew him and had many many friends that played with him.

He was not a popular player amongst teammates or around the league in general. Very arrogant and obnoxious. 

reminds me of someone

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

You want BSBH Cubic Zirconia!? Fuck around and get hit with that two post rate limit.

I’d say “good I can finally get off this forum and get a life” but we both know I’d just browse all day without posting. 

Edited by siddious
  • LMFAO 2

• Phil changed the title to Filip Zadina, 2018 6th Overall Draft Pick, Put on Unconditional Waivers for Purposes of Contract Termination

Lots of teams will. It's up to him at this point. My guess is he'll want to sign with a team where he's got a legit shot to play a ton of minutes. Rangers are probably low on that list.

You know where he should go? Chicago. Reichel, Raddysh, Blackwell, Perry isn't exactly a terrifying set of roadblocks to playing time.

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

Lots of teams will. It's up to him at this point. My guess is he'll want to sign with a team where he's got a legit shot to play a ton of minutes. Rangers are probably low on that list.

You know where he should go? Chicago. Reichel, Raddysh, Blackwell, Perry isn't exactly a terrifying set of roadblocks to playing time.

Hmm. Tough one. The counter is there's an open spot in the Rangers top 9 that is effectively up for grabs. If he impresses, he'd be lining up with two of Zibanejad, Panarin, Trocheck, Kreider, Chytil, ....hold laughter for the doughnut haters....Lafreniere. That would bode well for production and a better contract the following year.

Edited by BrooksBurner

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Hmm. Tough one. The counter is there's an open spot in the Rangers top 9 that is effectively up for grabs. If he impresses, he'd be lining up with two of Zibanejad, Panarin, Trocheck, Kreider, Chytil, ....hold laughter for the doughnut haters....Lafreniere. That would bode well for production and a better contract the following year.

Is there, though? Goodrow is here. There's been a ton of talk about building a legitimate checking line (something Laviolette apparently favors). Zadina doesn't fit that mold.

If I'm him, I'm looking at clear opportunities to prove to the league I am who I think I am. That's Chicago, Buffalo (after they trade Olofsson), Philly, etc. Maybe Colorado if Nichushkin dispappears himself?

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Is there, though? Goodrow is here. There's been a ton of talk about building a legitimate checking line (something Laviolette apparently favors). Zadina doesn't fit that mold.

If I'm him, I'm looking at clear opportunities to prove to the league I am who I think I am. That's Chicago, Buffalo (after they trade Olofsson), Philly, etc. Maybe Colorado if Nichushkin dispappears himself?

Yeah. You're probably right. I just want the Rangers to be the beneficiaries if he breaks out from a change of scenery.