• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks Buy Out Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Phil

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, this is a really bad buyout call. Maybe one of the worst I've ever seen. 

I’d legitimately dump two 1sts and retain half before doing this buyout. Take my medicine for a few years, probably sell off Miller, and go through purgatory for a few years. They have next to no shot of Cup contention. They’ve basically solidified themselves as being a mediocre slopfest for the next half decade or more.

Edited by BrooksBurner

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’d legitimately dump two 1sts and retain half before doing this buyout. Take my medicine for a few years, probably sell off Miller, and go through purgatory for a few years. They have next to no shot of Cup contention. They’ve basically solidified themselves as being a mediocre slopfest for the next half decade or more.

Good. Throw everything at them next summer for Elias Pettersson.

56 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Good. Throw everything at them next summer for Elias Pettersson.

Here's a conspiracy theory:

They had to buy out OEL to fit in the return this year for Pettersson, because he told them he's not re-signing. Laf/Chytil/Miller for Pettersson. Who says no?

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Not even mediocre! He was not so bad to buy him out at this price. He also was not the biggest issue with that team.

Just a completely mind-boggling decision and total mismanagement of the cap.