• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks Buy Out Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Canucks Buy Out Oliver Ekman-Larsson
On 6/17/2023 at 12:22 AM, BrooksBurner said:

I’d legitimately dump two 1sts and retain half before doing this buyout. Take my medicine for a few years, probably sell off Miller, and go through purgatory for a few years. They have next to no shot of Cup contention. They’ve basically solidified themselves as being a mediocre slopfest for the next half decade or more.

IIRC they also traded several bad contracts which would have ended just one year later, instead they doubled down on bad contracts by getting him. Canucks have been delusional on their Cup chances for years.

On 6/16/2023 at 6:22 PM, BrooksBurner said:

I’d legitimately dump two 1sts and retain half before doing this buyout. Take my medicine for a few years, probably sell off Miller, and go through purgatory for a few years. They have next to no shot of Cup contention. They’ve basically solidified themselves as being a mediocre slopfest for the next half decade or more.

The Canucks are just comically mismanaged. Not two years ago, they GAVE THE COYOTES #9OA, #47 in 2022, and three contracts on the verge of expiration for OEL and the rights to sign Garland.

The literal only thing they have to show for that trade is a massive, unnecessary buyout and a guy they're still trying to trade.

Like...how much better off is this team if not for that one trade and their constant need to "make the one move"? I just feel for the fans at this point.