• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #6: Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — Fade to Black

5 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

well - kane actually looked alive on that near breakaway at least.   and i like his presence on pp2.

as long as he's not counted on to play a pivotal role...he could find some way to become an asset

The only thing Kane is good for is helping equipment managers put tape on sticks 

5 hours ago, Dem said:

What??

Calling Messier a PoS player is going too far, but somewhat understandable. If we call Subban (Slewban) a dirty player, we ought to call Messier the same. In which case, it is sort of ironic that now, they are analysts on the same pregame show.

The video below shows Messier's "trademark"elbow hits:

24 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Calling Messier a PoS player is going too far, but somewhat understandable. If we call Subban (Slewban) a dirty player, we ought to call Messier the same. In which case, it is sort of ironic that now, they are analysts on the same pregame show.

Ya know what.....I'm not disappointed that this doesn't exist in the game anymore. Watching guys get hurt sucks. Show me the clean freight train hits all day long but these high elbow and head hits are rough to watch.

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Ya know what.....I'm not disappointed that this doesn't exist in the game anymore. Watching guys get hurt sucks. Show me the clean freight train hits all day long but these high elbow and head hits are rough to watch.

They’re disgusting and I’m very happy this kind of shit doesn’t happen anymore. 

Edit - I’m happy these hits arent commonplace anymore. And arent tolerated. 

Edited by phillyb

• Phil unpinned this topic

Not the start we were looking for, but we gained some serious momentum to grab this series back and go for broke in Game 7!

Igor, I love you!  You may not have been a star of the game in their eyes, but we don't win this one without you!!

...and here are the Top 20 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

On 4/29/2023 at 10:18 AM, LindG1000 said:

As I lay me down to sleep,

I pray, Igor, our goal to keep,

And if we die before Monday,

I pray Gallant gets a cab today

22 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I am sick of the New Jersey Devils. Growing up in the Dark Era, we never beat them. Coming out of the lockout during a fun ride in 2006, they swept us. In 2012 when I believed we had our best shot at a Cup, again it was them standing in the way. And here we are again.

Fuck them. Seriously. Fuck them. Fuck their fans. Fuck their jersey. Fuck their arena. Fuck their stupid mascot. Fuck their team. Fuck their organization. All of it. Fuck every single thing about them.

Its OUR turn. Break their hearts. And take what’s yours.

15 hours ago, siddious said:

I’m already naked 

15 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Man, The King should be in the locker room firing this team up instead of Elmer Fudd

15 hours ago, Bugg said:

Sean McDonough is a shit-eating garden gnome. 

Win this fuckin' game , god fuckin' dammit.

15 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

If Ray Ferraro was stuck in a Russian gulag, I wouldn’t want the U.S. to negotiate his release.

15 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

Speaking of useless commentary, here's Emily Kaplan.

15 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Bad time to skate like the ice is mud.

Shakira still has faced nothing.

15 hours ago, siddious said:

thank god I bought a new bottle of bulleit 

15 hours ago, Dem said:

You bastard my bourbon bottle is almost empty when I need it most. Me be prepared in this regard is like Miller playing defense. Doesn't happen!!

14 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

He scored with Olivia Munn, so probably.

14 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Didn't know Olivia Munn was into 5v5

Goals in the playoffs are like getting laid in college. Don't really care how it gets in, so long as it does.

14 hours ago, Pete said:

You spelled marriage wrong

14 hours ago, Winter said:

you'd be drunk too if you had to play for Gallant

14 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Kane is as effective as a mesh condom.

TARASENKO BABY.

Do not fucking care what you say - Christopher James Big Dick Swinging Kreider is a FUCKIN GAMER

13 hours ago, siddious said:

Quiet guys.. Emily Kaplan has something to say 

13 hours ago, Rangers845 said:

The ump was checking Igor for sticky stuff after that glove save

12 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Messier should beat up Subban on TV. Asshole!

Some absolute gems in this GDT tonight!!  The Olivia Munn convo was hysterical, and some of the Kane comments were priceless!!…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the G- Man @LindG1000!!!

Some great shit in here from G all night.  You guys should take a bow for this one!!!  Absolutely one of the funniest GDT's I've read through pretty much all season!!

Now how about coming out hot in NJ and bringing to these fucking slobs in Game 7!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

He was vicious

i liked the Bruin who got a piece of Mark and foolishly went back for seconds