• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lightning Acquire Tanner Jeannot From Predators for Cal Foote, Every Draft Pick Known to Man

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Uuuuhm, what??

5 picks and a player for Jeannot lmao.

I don't understand the market sometimes. Meier has twice as many goals as Jeannot has points this season and they end up costing basically the same?

Meier is owed a $10M qualifying offer. That limited the suitors. 

And... Tampa wildly overpaid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Meier is owed a $10M qualifying offer. That limited the suitors. 

And... Tampa wildly overpaid. 

Yeah I know.

But this trade is wild lol. Lightning are short on both D's and prospects and then they ship out a defender and FIVE picks for a bottom 6 winger.

It's worked for them before (Coleman, Goodrow, Hagel), but this seems a bit too much.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Isn’t Jeannot an RFA after this year? Very cost controlled good player. I’ll never doubt Tampa. They seem to make the right move all the time.

I guess kinda similar to what they gave up for Hagel?

they spent a lot on getting Goodrow and Coleman for their cup runs as well

Think they just assume that if they can load up on the right depth guy for the playoffs, any cost is worth it. It's worked every time so far. 

Still this is a huge price for and if they can lock him in cheap and long term its not a bad look

26 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

They don't care. They're in a three to five year window. They're locking up all the pieces that they think are going to win in that window, Jeannot included. Once that's done, and Hedman is UFA, they'll truly reassess.

Tampa is really playing 4d chess locking up the "fairly decent but not lighting the world on fire" players on these long term, 2-3m deals. Maybe they just have it right all along? Jeannot certainly fits that bill. 

I guess there's some line of thinking that those players are the harder ones to find than the "superstars". Hard for me to believe but at this point it's impossible to argue with whatever Tampa's been doing 

8 hours ago, Phil said:

They don't care. They're in a three to five year window. They're locking up all the pieces that they think are going to win in that window, Jeannot included. Once that's done, and Hedman is UFA, they'll truly reassess.

Yepp. What are they going to do rebuild when there’s still hope of winning a cup?

Go all in this year and maybe next and that’s likely it.