• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Tarasenko (50%), Mikkola From Blues for Blais, Hunter Skinner, Conditional 1st & 4th

Cash or Czech

6 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Just a monster of a deal for us for a number of reasons. Can't wait to see these guys in action tomorrow night.

Tarasenko should right-size our top 6 and bump Goodrow to 4th line, Mikkola's solid....big win.

After watching Ozzy’s welcoming video with lot’s of goals, I sort of expect Vlad to have a hat-trick tomorrow, but will settle for couple of points…

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Kakko now has a Finn buddy. 

I honestly know zero about Niko Mikkola, besides that his name reminds me of former NHLer Mikko Mäkelä as one of the most fun names to say. Like ever.

Lanky D, plays physical, plays bigger than he's listed. Awful at zone exits, pretty good at everything else.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I honestly know zero about Niko Mikkola, besides that his name reminds me of former NHLer Mikko Mäkelä as one of the most fun names to say. Like ever.

I’ve been saying “meeee-ko-laaaaa” like the old Ricola commercials.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

Psyched to see Tarasenko and Mikkola suit up for the Rangers, and what this means for a potential playoff run.  In the East, you've got to look at Bruins and Hurricanes as measuring sticks.  Definitely feel better about the Rangers chances in 7 game playoff series against whomever we draw.   Everyone in the East has gotta hope Boston cools off from what they've done so far this year.

1 minute ago, fletch said:

Psyched to see Tarasenko and Mikkola suit up for the Rangers, and what this means for a potential playoff run.  In the East, you've got to look at Bruins and Hurricanes as measuring sticks.  Definitely feel better about the Rangers chances in 7 game playoff series against whomever we draw.   Everyone in the East has gotta hope Boston cools off from what they've done so far this year.

they’re old and they’re peaking mid-season. Fuck the bruins. Only teams I’m worried about are Colorado and Tampa.

I hope this wakes Panarin up. He's been putting up stats, yet hasn't felt like a difference maker. 

Pete must be shooting loads like crazy. I believe he wanted Tarasenko here last season.  

It's a move in a much better direction.  A class A RW, with a serious playoff pedigree. A proven performer when it matters. 

Personally, I can’t remember watching a Rangers team with this level of talent on it. Tarasenko, IMO, is going to be explosive here. Word is he hasn’t been happy. He’s wanted to be traded awhile now; specifically here. He gets to play with his buddy now, in a playoff race which is a place he has always thrived, and in a place he has long wanted to be. All of this and he’s in a contract year.

We may be catching lightning in a bottle here. If he comes in and really clicks, oooof. Look out. I love that this isn’t right up against the deadline because it gives him and the new teammates more time to work out the kinks.

And if they do get worked out? The Rangers are absolutely loaded and ready for a run.

• Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 3

I am pretty sure most of the east is worried about us and not the other way around, and that was already true. Now it's really true. How many teams' top 9 is basically all first round talent with a vezina winner and our d-corps? There's no excuse this year, not with this lineup. 

• Applause 1
  • Believe 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Wasn’t Mikko Makela the guy that was boning Alyssa Milano way back in like 1988-89???

I know she dated several hockey players. Wayne McBean. Robbie Brown.

But I believe Makela was the one who boned her, videotaped it, and brought it into the locker room

Edited by RangersIn7